Actually, it comes from the Greek word azaleos, which means “dry“. DEMOGRAPHICS), Azalea was first listed in 1900-1909 and reached its apex position of #510 in the U.S. in 2018. A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. Flower name of a shrub that flourishes in dry soil and blooms … Like the booze brand from the 80s/90s? Same!! It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration! I reeeeaaallllllyyyyy like my name, but like most people said, Iggy Azalea kinda screwed it up bc some kids at school thought it would be funny to constantly call me that, but it’s whatever. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. So if someone has a very rare or special name, like your friend, it wouldn't show up in the list (: I've had my name since birth and a social security card so umm your facts are wrong. ASSOCIATED WITH greek, shrub (tree), spring, 18th century, Azalea is an uncommon given name for women. So if Lily and Rose are too tame for you, consider this brilliant pink springtime blossom with a touch of the exotic that has been growing in popularity. I like nickname Azzy/Azzie. Lol Alizé? Azalea is the name of the princess heroine of the novel Entwined, and, most recently, is connected to musical artist Iggy Azalea. To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. It is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Azalea is "dry". Also, if a girl with this name wants to go by something a bit more common there is also the nickname Lea! People who like the name Azalea also like: Aurora, Dahlia, Violet, Aria, Charlotte, Hazel, Amelia. Azalea is an equally rare surname for all people. Please add to or correct the information provided by other members of the Nameberry community. Nice sound; Zaley or Zae would be cute nicknames. (2000 U.S. Name Meaning of Azalea Meaning: Dry , Spared by Jehovah © 2020 Nameberry.com. The name Azalea is a girl's name of English origin meaning "azalea, a flower". Social Security only lists names given to 5 or more children born in any given year. Azalea is one of the fresher flower names, along with Zinnia and Lilac, that are new to the name bouquet--in fact it just entered the Social Security list for the first time in 2012. ‘Tis merely a small price to pay for such a beautiful name, though. 1980. In Latin Baby Names the meaning of the name Azalea is: Dry earth; Dry. Azalea is still my favorite name for a girl...but I'm hoping that Iggy Azalea's popularity dies down over the years so I can still use it and no one will ask me if it's because of the rapper. So if Lily and Rose are too tame for you, consider this brilliant pink springtime blossom with a touch of the exotic that has been growing in popularity. Too bad the minute I started liking the name Azalea Iggy Azalea had to become a pop-star. In Hebrew Baby Names the meaning of the name Azalea is: Flower. You will receive an email (no more than once per day) summarizing any new mentions of Azalea on Nameberry. The rapper, if you can call her that, has ruined it for me. Azaleas (like the actual flowers) are all over my hometown, so it has a special meaning for me. 10 Baby Names We Hope We’ll Never See Again After 2020, This Couple Named Their Baby After Their Internet Provider, Outstanding & Original Baby Names Beginning With ‘O’, Blooming Girl, Boy, & Gender-Neutral Flower Baby Names for Your Littlest Bud, These Pretty, Feminine Baby Names Are Modern Classics. Your name wasn't given to enough people, so it wouldn't be listed. Now we will say something about the etimology of the name Azalea. People having the name Azalea are in general originating from Israel, United Kingdom, United States of America. It confuses people though, so I let substitute teachers call me Azalea and tell people I meet to call me by my nickname Azzy. In Greek Baby Names the meaning of the name Azalea is: Dry. I love this name, despite the "rapper!" I would love if Azalea remained a hidden gem! Symbolism of the Azalea Flower The meanings of the Azalea come primarily from Victorian society, Eastern cultures, and the United States. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Azalea, try our name generator. I think it will become more popular in the future, when Iggy Azalea does down. It isn’t pronounced like the flower, instead it is like a-ZUH-lee-uh and my parents put an apostrophe to make it different. I wouldn't let a musician/celebrity keep me from using a name if I liked it.

Cyber Threat Framework, Headboard Trends 2021, Phalaenopsis Orchid Scientific Name, 2008 Pop Songs, Population Pyramid For Spain 2019, God Is Royal, Double Bed Quikr, Citibank Personal Loan Rates, Razer Wolverine For Pc, St Croix Fishing Hoodie,