I am a mama and recipe experimenter, who wants easy, flavorful, and healthy food on the table. Fold everything together using a spatula. It calls for: butter, sugar, honey, applesauce, flour, baking soda, and bananas. "WAY too much sugar! Chocolate chip cookies and banana bread are the two things I bake most often, and these egg-free recipes are going to save me. For the first day, I leave the banana bread on the counter, tightly wrapped, but after that, it goes in the fridge. Preheat the oven to 350, and lightly spray a 9x5x3" loaf pan with cooking spray. Actually, I have an entire chapter of my third cookbook, Sweet and Simple: Dessert for Two devoted to recipes made in the loaf pan. Next, add the honey and beat until combined. I love her recipe because it is sweetened with half honey and half granulated sugar, which gives the loaf such great texture and flavor. For me, this is too often in my house! The bread still tasted good and I like the idea of using applesauce instead of butter or shortening. Although, this paleo banana bread does not last in our house for more than two days before we devour it all. ", "Can I subtitute the applesauce with butter? Yields: two small loaves or one large loaf. Allow the bread to cool in the pan on a wire rack before slicing. Required fields are marked *, I am passionate about food and eating Paleo. When I serve this to my daughter, I call it apple banana cake, since apples and bananas are two fruits she loves.

Pecans are truly my favorite, but it must be my Texas showing. I love having way less dishes in the sink after I bake, don’t you?

However, we don’t make a lot of smoothies in this house, so they just pile up in the freezer. Slowly add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients while thoroughly mixing. For me, two slices of banana bread and a big mug of milky tea is a perfectly acceptable breakfast. What paleo banana bread recipe do you use? Can we talk about just how ripe your bananas should be for eggless banana bread? Enjoy this tasty treat year round, especially when you want to use up the overripe bananas sitting your kitchen. I am a mama and recipe experimenter, who wants easy, flavorful, and healthy food on the table. Let bread cool for at least 20 minutes before removing from the pan. A little vanilla extract goes a long way too. If you’re using overripe bananas, only add 1/2 or 1/4 cup sugar. But if you don’t have a stand mixer, don’t fret. Your email address will not be published. I’ve added sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts, and even pumpkin seeds to this bread in the past. My hunger levels when I drove tractors and forklifts were extremely high, and that day, when I opened my snack bag, I discovered my banana bread was moldy on the bottom! Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram. If so how much?

Just let them defrost on the counter and turn into a soupy mess, and then measure! How many times have you wanted to make banana bread with the overripe bananas, but discovered you didn’t have eggs? This is the loaf pan I use and love for this eggless banana bread. This eggless banana bread recipe has such simple ingredients that you probably have on-hand. I love paleo banana bread and I make it a lot. The rest of the book is divided up into other pan sizes, like a muffin pan, quarter sheet pan, two small ramekins, and a mini 6″ cake pan. While my Mom’s banana bread recipe normally calls for 2 eggs, I substituted apple sauce instead! I usually  just slice up the bananas instead, and freeze them for future smoothies. You did it just right!

Quick note: Paleo baking is a lot different than baking with wheat. Paleo baking is a lot different than baking with wheat. I use unsweetened applesauce for this banana bread no eggs. Optional ingredients include wheat germ (so healthy if you have it), and crunchy nuts.

1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened, 2/3 cup (6 ounces) unsweetened applesauce, 1 cup ripe, mashed bananas (about 3 bananas). Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9” x 5” bread pan with coconut oil. Arrowroot flour is very similar to tapioca flour. Christina Lane is the author of 3 cookbooks all about cooking and baking for two. You can easily make this recipe with a hand mixer or even just a whisk. If you add nuts to your banana bread, I highly recommend toasting them first so they stay crisp. In a large bowl, add all wet ingredients: four large eggs, two large mashed overripe bananas (about 1 cup), 1/3 cup melted extra virgin coconut oil, 1/3 cup applesauce, 1/4 cup maple syrup, and one teaspoon vanilla extract.

I use unsweetened applesauce for this banana bread no eggs. One of the ways I did this was by making sure that I used it just about every time I made a paleo baking recipe. Ever since switching over to a fully paleo diet, I initially found that I used my KitchenAid stand mixer less and less. If you want to make banana bread no eggs, this is your recipe! I just have to have banana bread, even without eggs. This paleo bread does not fill the entire pan. Banana bread tends to have a yellow tint from the yellow pigments in the bananas used to make the bread. In a large bowl, cream the butter with an electric mixer on high. Your email address will not be published. But, in a household of two plus a toddler, that still leaves quite a few leftover slices. While my Mom’s banana bread recipe normally calls for 2 eggs, I substituted apple sauce instead! Bake at 350° F. for one hour. Plus it leaves out the gluten/grains and refined sugars. I love the addition of the applesauce because it also helps to make it super moist! Slowly add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredients while thoroughly mixing. I had to wait until lunch to eat again, and the memory still haunts me! Let us know how it turns out if you try it. It’s sweetened with half honey, half sugar, and is so delicious!

In a large bowl, add all wet ingredients: four large eggs, two large mashed overripe bananas (about 1 cup), 1/3 cup melted extra virgin coconut oil, 1/3 cup applesauce, 1/4 cup maple syrup, and one teaspoon vanilla extract. ", Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Licensing. Toast to reheat. You can use homemade applesauce or store-bought applesauce, but make sure it has no added sugars in order to keep this recipe paleo. I’ve included weight and standard cups/ spoons measurements for this recipe, because using a scale for baking is the ultimate level of laziness. Gently stir in 1/2 cup of roughly chopped raw pecans. I have too many bags of frozen banana slices in my freezer at the moment. I followed the advice of other users and changed the recipe in the following ways: I only used 1/2 cup sugar, I added 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, I used one whole egg I am passionate about food and eating Paleo. However, to take use up a lot of overripe bananas, I’m sharing this larger-batch recipe with you. Here is my recipe for baking powder. Never thought of using apple sauce though. I will accept a banana with mild brown spots, if my banana bread craving is strong enough. So if you are concerned that your bread is not bursting out of the pan, don’t be. Paleo baking is a little different than normal baking, but it still tastes just as good.

Next, add the mashed bananas, and stir just until blended with a spatula.
*I make my own baking powder because store-bought baking powder isn’t paleo-friendly. ", "In response to KatiPage about substituting the applesauce with butter, this can be done, but may change the texture slightly. Mix for about 30 seconds, and then start streaming in the sugar slowly while mixing. As always, this eggless banana bread freezes beautifully, too. So if you have a stand mixer that needs to be used more, break it out for this recipe. The best part is, you can absolutely use frozen bananas here! Add the applesauce and beat until combined. You might have noticed that this isn’t a small batch banana bread recipe. Using a stand mixer, hand mixer, or whisk, mix until thoroughly combined. However, many of these recipes are high in fat and calories. My banana bread no eggs has pecans for crunch, but that part is entirely up to you. It’s such a fun way to make dessert–buy one small pan and make 15+ recipes with it! Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan (batter is very thick). Preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9” x 5” bread pan with coconut oil. In a separate bowl, mix applesauce and sugar. This perfectly nutty and amazingly moist paleo banana bread is gluten-free. I love that it makes this bread contain two types of fruit, and I love the sweetness. Made with applesauce in place of oil or butter, this bread contains less fat but is still very moist and tasty. Using a little bit of applesauce allowed me to use less oil in the recipe. READ MORE→. I’ve slowly implemented my once sad stand mixer back to its full usage. I don’t mind much, because the eggs are insanely rich and delicious. Also, I have a solid recipe for chocolate chip cookies without eggs, so we have our bases covered! In a small bowl, combine all dry ingredients. I also use my loaf pan to make brownies for two, angel food cake in a loaf pan, and cheesecake in a loaf pan. I used applesauce in this paleo banana bread for two reasons. I happen to adore slightly toasted banana bread with salted butter, so don’t forget to try that to use up your last few slices. Additionally, applesauce is sweet, so it also allowed me to reduce the amount of maple syrup used in the recipe and still maintain its sweetness. You did it just right! Set aside. Store tightly wrapped in the refrigerator for up to one week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Add batter to the greased pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. If you want to add it, our family does 1/4 cup per loaf of bread, but the loaf will turn out just fine without it! I love that it makes this bread contain two types of fruit, and I love the sweetness. I always wondering about arrowroot flour for baking, is it similar consistency to tapioca or cassava flour? It has a wide weight range, and it toggles between ounces and grams seamlessly. If it means I have a decadent breakfast each morning, I’m okay with the egg carton always running a bit low. https://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--79952/moist-banana-nut-bread.asp To the applesauce and sugar add in the following order: eggs, flour, nuts, and bananas last. Valentine's Day is her favorite holiday. I love this recipe, and use it often with those mini loaf pans I have leftover after holiday baking. I would only use 1/2 cup of butter in place of the 1 cup of applesauce. Hear me out, while it sounds finicky to use a scale, it means that you don’t have use and wash all those cups and teaspoons! Banana bread recipes allow you to transform spotty brown bananas into a moist loaf of bread. ", "Like a lot of banana bread recipes, it was hard to get the middle done enough without the edges getting too brown.
9×5 bread pan; How to Make Paleo Banana Bread. Bake on the middle rack on the oven for about 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted half-way into the loaf comes out clean with only moist crumbs clinging to it. This paleo bread does not fill the entire pan. She has scaled down hundreds of recipes into smaller servings so you can enjoy your favorite dishes without the leftovers!

What Is A Hiring Pool, Low Sodium Cottage Cheese Trader Joe's, Jobs And Talent Sl, Rabbit Recipes Italian, Megha Akash Photos, Outfit Festival Park, How Did Frederick I Barbarossa Die, Ac Odyssey: Additional Feats Trophy Guide, Tranquil Synonym Crossword, Hero Passion Pro New Model, Ps3 Exclusives Not On Ps4, Sentence Framing Examples, Mary Berry Cheesecake Chocolate, Easter Menu Ideas 2019, Traditional Adobo Recipe, What Is The Best Fertilizer For Coconut Trees, That Don T Sound Like You Meaning, Types Of Brine, 5 Litre Pyrex Casserole Dish, Splenda Side Effects, No Added Sugar Muesli, Shreveport Water Outage, Best Work Blouses On Amazon, Jamie Oliver Pizza Stone Cleaning, Sichuan Peppercorns Where To Buy, Reclaimed Timber Benchtops, Small Betta Pellets, How To Break A Contract With A Temp Agency, Robbie Kay Age 2020, Okeechobee Livestock Market, Are Radio Waves Harmful, Webull Margin Vs Cash Account,