A server brought us a big basket of chips and two kinds of salsa, hot and mild. Tucson Botanical Gardens, 2150 N Alvernon Way, Tucson, 85712, © 2010 - 2020 Southern Arizona Guide, LLC Design by Devil Dog Productions, LLC, Mi Nidito Mexican Restaurant: A Guest Review, Guadalajara Original Grill: A Dining Review, El Cisne Restaurant & Tequila Bar : A Review. 1813 S 4th Ave, Tucson, AZ, USA. He wanted to take me to Ole’ Mexican Restaurant which he considered exceptional. Owner Emma Yoland Vera is originally from Guadalajara, Mexico and decided to open Guadalajara Grill in 2002. Making Lemonade | The Mini Time Machine Museum of Miniatures, First Sunday of the month Antique Vintage Fair, SculptureTucson & TBG to Unveil New Exhibit. 1220 E Prince Rd, Tucson, AZ, USA. Theresa’s Mosaic Cafe’. Café Poca Cosa is a more upscale Mexican restaurant which offers creative Mexican cuisine created with ingredients from Chef Suzan Davila’s own homeland. La Encantada is the home of several upscale eateries, including Blanco, a Fox restaurant. Besides being a Tucson mainstay since 1922, El Charro Café is also ‘The Nation’s Oldest Mexican Restaurant.’ Since their opening they have been owned by the same family. The restaurant offers traditional Mexican dishes as well as innovative and creative dishes as well. Contributing to their casual and lively atmosphere is their live mariachi bands that perform every night. Note: We have dined at each of these 3 Mexican restaurants several times since the reviews were first published. Additionally, they have won many awards and were named as ‘One of America’s 21 Most Legendary Restaurants’ by Gourmet Magazine. Also, the lights are low (bring a flashlight) and the background music is soft. Categories. We encourage you to do your own research before participating in an event or engaging with a local business or organization. TucsonTopia is not responsible for any injuries or problems that may arise from partaking in any of these events and activities. Santa Cruz Farmers’ Market Has It Going On! The tradition of Tucson’s Mexican restaurants features authentic sonoran cooking. Try this simple recipe for a tasty traditional Southwest Indian drink made from Mesquite beans. Over the 2011 holidays, I invited the 13 members of my visiting family to help determine the Best Mexican Restaurant in all of Tucson. Be sure to try this famous plate or one of their other popular items, such as their enchiladas or chimichangas. I've eaten at so many, but could I give them a fairly objective appraisal? Sodas in glass bottles and the open salsa bar complete the no-nonsense food experience. Mi Nidito Restaurant offers award-winning Mexican food and authentic Sonoran food. J.C., a local Tucsonan who wishes to remain anonymous, wrote in March 2020. 110 E Pennington St, Tucson, AZ, USA. How would you rank the Best Mexican Restaurants? When it comes to food culture, the southwestern state of Arizona is known to share several flavors with their neighbor to the south, Mexico, and that means there are some extremely delectable places to eat in the area. +1 520 882 8977. Besides being a Tucson mainstay since 1922, El Charro Café is also ‘The Nation’s Oldest Mexican Restaurant.’ Since their opening they have been owned by the same family. El Charro Cafe’. Mariscos Chihuahua: A Little Bit of Mexico In Tucson, In Search of Tucson’s Best Margarita – Part I. El Guero Canelo: A Delicious Tucson Bargain Meal! Is Ole’ Mexican Restaurant The Best In Tucson? The reviews & rankings still hold true as of July 2014. Some of their popular dishes are chile relleno, falutas, birria, chimichangas and more. Charro Steak is the offspring of El Charro Café, the legendary Mexican restaurant on Court Street made famous by Chef Carlotta Flores. She went to Reforma in St. Philips Plaza nearby and brought back a … Continue reading, For a long time, we had intended to try Mariscos Chihuahua, but somehow never got around to it. Events. is for informational purposes only and does not constitute an endorsement. The owner Brenda will make you feel like one of the family and will serve up delicious family recipes such as Old Style Tacos and tasty fajitas. Many famous celebrities and politicians have visited the restaurant. A small older … Continue reading, El Cisne translates to “swan” in English. People often ask me, "Jim, which is the best Mexican restaurant in Tucson?" Chaco's is open early for breakfast and closes after lunch. Located close to Davis Monthan Air Force Base, Chaco's is the ultimate "hole in the wall." Hours: Sun - Thu 11:00am - 10:00pm; Fri - Sat 11:00am - 11:00pm. Watch the pros as they whip up each custom creation with a "molacajete" and fresh ingredients. Cafe’ Poca Cosa. 2480 N Oracle Rd Tucson, AZ, USA. 2 of 16 Not many Tucson Mexican restaurants make albondigas soup, but El Minuto Cafe does. In Search Of The Best Mexican Restaurant In Tucson (Now Closed), Elvira’s Restaurant – Tubac, AZ: A Review. Culture Trip stands with Black Lives Matter. Any reference made here to local businesses, services, classes, etc. Delicious and authentic Mexican food, inviting atmosphere, and friendly service make this our top pick. Phoenix, AZ. La Encantada Mall – Tucson. Their menu features Northern Mexico-Sonoran style and Tucson-style Mexican cuisine. Opening in 1922, … Continue reading. If you love Mexican Restaurants, then Tucson is the place for you. What more could you ever want. The city of Tucson is just about 70 miles north of the border, so it's needless to say that there aren't many Mexican cuisine restaurants that serve up a bad meal. The development includes space for outdoor events which is temperature controlled with structures for shade. Tucson, Arizona is home to some of the most authentic and traditional Mexican restaurants. One of the best dining experiences I've had in my first two weeks in Tucson. The intent of TucsonTopia is to provide ideas for family-friendly activities, events, and resources. What sets this restaurant apart is that they change their menu twice daily. What is YOUR favorite Mexican restaurant in Tucson? Indoor and outdoor community dining is housed and enclosed by ten re-purposed box cars on a 12,000 sqft lot. Recently, Ms. Karen’s little brother, Clifford, called to say that he would be flying into Tucson and could visit with us. Mi Nidito Mexican Food has been serving Tucson since 1952. Their flour tortillas are handmade everyday. While you wait for quick service, munch on chips and homemade salsa. The menu itself is offered in both English and Spanish on a portable chalkboard. You haven't experienced the southwest until you've had one of these authentic hot dogs. Sauces are rich and portions are large, so be sure to bring your appetite. Is El Minuto Cafe’ The Best Mexican Restaurant In Tucson? A unique twist on the typical Mexican cuisine, El Guero Canelo features a walk-up counter, simple menu, and an open seating dining room. Participants assume all risks for any activities they engage in. Please enable JavaScript on your browser to best view this site. We arrived at our usual time: 12:30 PM and the place was packed. Most of the patrons … Continue reading, This past week, friend Rosemary took me to the Boxyard on 4th Avenue. Good food and live mariachis 7 nights a week creates an all around authentic setting. Additionally, they have won many awards and were named as ‘One of America’s 21 Most Legendary Restaurants’ by Gourmet … Be prepared to wait if you visit during the weekday lunch hour as the dining room is filled with service men and women and other working professionals who know good food. They offer fresh tableside-made salsa and only use the freshest ingredients. In addition to their cuisine, they also offer a bar with a diverse selection of tequilas and margaritas. I adore this place after one visit . I ordered a house margarita with a salted rim … Continue reading, It was again a Friday and time for Neighbor Roy and I to go out to lunch. +1 520 622 1922. Helping You Navigate Social Security Disability Benefits During COVID-19, Art in the Park – Exuberance: An Artistic Botanical Experience, Fatty Arbuckle Performs at the Orpheum in Bisbee, 1909, Arizona’s Scenic Roads & Hikes by Roger Naylor: A Book Report. So off we went arriving a little after noon. Mi Nidito Mexican Food. El Guero Canelo was opened in 1993 and has since expanded into three separate restaurants, a meat market, and bakery. +1 520 622 6400. The restaurant, specializing in Sonoran-style Mexican cuisine, was founded in 1936. The atmosphere is hip and upbeat with an industrial and minimalist feel. The hot dog is wrapped in bacon and served with grilled onions, beans, mayonnaise, and jalapeños. Place Top 5 Best Mexican Restaurants in Tucson An hour from the U.S.-Mexican border means authentic food all day, every day. Calendar of Events; Seasonal Events; Signature Events; Marquee Sports Events; Featured in Tucson. Pollo Feliz: A Healthy Meal At A Bargain Price! Their menu features Northern Mexico-Sonoran style and Tucson-style Mexican cuisine. Over the 2011 holidays, I invited the 13 members of my visiting family to help determine the Best Mexican Restaurant in all of Tucson. Being so close to Sonora Mexico, we are privileged with a rich cultural influence in not only cuisine, but tradition, art, and a myriad of other aspects. People often ask me, "Jim, which is the best Mexican restaurant in Tucson?" He invited me out to lunch. Not feeling like a hot dog? One day, while in rehab at a skilled nursing center in town, our daughter visited from Southern California. Enjoy a broad menu that includes vegetarian and seafood selections. Explore full information about mexican restaurants in Tucson and nearby. This restaurant is definitely upscale, which in Tucson means they serve on table cloths with cloth napkins. It’s located in a nondescript shopping center  on the northeast side of … Continue reading, Neighbor Roy was visiting us the other day. -------------------------------------------------. In Search of The Best Mexican Restaurant in Tucson! In Search Of The Best Mexican Restaurant In Tucson! Don’t worry – they also have an extensive menu of burritos and tacos. The novelty of Guadalajara Fiesta Grill is the salsa made to your liking right at your table. This may not be the best choice for a quiet and intimate dinner, but perfect for happy hour or a larger dinner party. Atole de Pechita Ingredients: 1 pound dry mesquite pods 6 cups water 1 ¾ cups raw cane sugar, or 1 block piloncillo 2 sticks cinnamon ¾ cup corn masa harina or fresh corn masa 1 … Continue reading, This week, a reader of our Southern Arizona Guide newsletter wrote about his experience at Mi Nidito Mexican Restaurant.

Wheelchair Accessible Parks Near Me, Springform Pan, 6 Inch, Psone With Screen Release Date, Sims 4 Easel Painting Replacement, Oneplus 7t Pro 12gb Ram, Open For Commissions Meaning, Yoga Teacher Training Henderson, Nv, Reverse Plank Bridge, German Expressions Of Surprise, Meiji Milk Ice Bar Review, Hina Khan Mother, Trading 212 Cfd, Soap2day Charlie St Cloud, Vanillin Synthesis From Guaiacol, Wage War Synonym, How Many Credits Is Full-time At Community College, How To Protect Wheat From Insects At Home, Sushant Singh Rajput Family, Blueberry Color Code, 1 Cubic Meter To Liter, Uses Of Benzanilide, Hubert Name Pronunciation, Milestone Pharmaceuticals Pipeline, Where To Buy Herb Plants Near Me, Drew Struzan Studio, Aspartic Acid Formula, Bigo's Express Brownsville, Simply Almond Milk Review, Ancient Kill Ac Odyssey, Wedding Remembrance Of Deceased, Honey Acres Dark Chocolate Mint, Blueberry Cobbler Recipe, Vegan Lemon Cookies With Almond Flour, Model United Nations,