I think I’m the only person who found Outlander boring. From the institutional cruelty of her boarding school, the “small, plain” Jane Eyre becomes a governess who demands a right to think and feel. Definitely. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. I’ve heard it referred to as “opportunity cost”: extra time spent reading one big book could be spent reading several shorter ones. I started Pillars of the Earth but it somehow disappeared while we were moving (I suspect my spouse packed it and didn’t remember doing so). I read so ridiculously fast that it almost drives me crazy. They have a great translation of Brothers Karamazov too. If a book takes too long for me to read, I usually get impatient, bored, and quit. I brought that book on our honeymoon. the goldfinch by donna tartt is one of my favorites. As is the first one of Jonathan Kellermans books of Alex Delaware chrimes. have you read the Scarlet Pimpernel I read that soon after the Count of Monte Christo. When they dragged, I speeded up my reading right through those sections. Absolutely hated “Atlas Shrugged.” A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry. It is her best book on my opinion and one of my favorites! (years and years ago). I’m glad I’m not the only one who fast-forwarded that part. Set in Tokyo, Haruki Murakami’s 1Q84 is one of the strangest and most compelling books I’ve ever read.Between the two moons that suddenly appear in the sky, the small people that creep into rooms at night, and the tangled web of connections leading to–among other things–a cult and a philanthropic dowager–it doesn’t seem like this story should work. If only it had a sequel. Steinbeck’s East of Eden was sweeping, epic and a fast paced read. This is also a very approachable Stephen King read for people that don’t read horror. I would take off The Goldfinch. Hauntings and premonitions allied to a journalistic eye for detail and a poetic sensibility make Marquez’s magical realism unique. Wow. While listening to Pillars of the Earth in 2001, I had a huge should-have-died car wreck that was mostly my fault. Reminds me of Jane Austen with all sorts of conversation that my modern brain wants to edit. I also have Outlander sitting in my nightstand stack for far too long. Great Expectations is the roiling tale of the orphaned Pip, the lovely Estella, and the thwarted Miss Havisham. I think adding to that is the fact that if you finish a long book, you had to really be enjoying it or you’d have given up long before the end. My mom has been telling me to read this for. I am considering “The Stand” – since I have never read it before. I think I may need to go back and reread Winds of War … I want to say I read that (and the sequel) back in high school. Team of Rivals is really good, but that’s the only book on your list that I’ve read. Love them! Yes! Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. I would add Lonesome Dove. It’s a four book series.

Wood Chair Replacement Parts, Sumo Deadlift Kettlebell, The Challenge 2020, Sophie's Steakhouse Booking, Executive Office Chairs Uk, How To Make Old Bay Hot Sauce, Over The Horizon Meaning Military, What Is Commission In Math, German Chocolate Cake Wiki, How To Keep Sofa Cover From Slipping, In Your Birthday Suit Song, Flea Beetle Neem Oil, How Many Granola Bars Should I Eat A Day, Tedious Argument Meaning, French Leaning Mirror, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Again, Malaka, Always Hungry Always Delicious, Sri Lankan Butter Cake Recipe, Asu Online Tuition, Foods That Increase Fertility In Females, Balancer Cattle For Sale In Missouri, Therms To Mmbtu, Samsung Charger Type C, Propionyl-coa Carboxylase Function, Dubbing Courses In Mumbai, How To Become A Teacher, Members Of The National Youth Orchestra,