Whether you consider yourself a casserole doubter or casserole devotee, I’m willing to bet this healthy chicken broccoli casserole will convince you too.

I’ve only tested this recipe with instant brown rice, so I can’t offer any exact liquid or timing suggestions. Notify me of replies to my comment via email. Stir the rice before serving. This easy baked chicken and rice casserole made without canned soup only has five ingredients making it an easy meal the whole family will enjoy!

You could try using the rice in the recipe as suggested, but you may need to adjust the amount of broth a bit and let it simmer a couple minutes longer than directed. Note: I may use referral or affiliate links for the products I love.

Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Let me take the stress out of Holiday gift giving. When I was growing up, we always had that broccoli Ingredient Note: We develop our recipes using a 4-to 5-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast half per serving.

I used uncooked brown rice (not instant) and it took a total of 1hr 25 min for the rice to cook.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Last add on thawed peas, cover with foil and transfer to the oven. The chicken stayed very juicy.

Stiill turned out nice, but I definitely prefer the buttery taste of the crackers on top. Love this recipe!! From hosting a shrimp boil, celebrating holidays, making homemade scratch art paper, sewing gifts and throwing parties to cooking delicious food, you will find it all here at Skip To My Lou. Macaroni and Cheese with Butternut Squash, roasted butternut squash with smoked paprika and turmeric. Copyright 2020 - This Farm Girl Cooks. I appreciate it so much! Required fields are marked *. Add that on top of the casserole, and pop it back in the oven to melt. Who doesn't love a recipe that takes only 5 minutes to pull together and tastes great too! This casserole recipe is easy to scale up to feed a crowd, make and freeze ahead, and reheat leftover for lunches and dinners throughout the week.

The chicken chunks cook pretty fast as is, it is more a factor of the rice absorbing the liquid in time. While it is, admittedly, delicious, it’s also much higher in sodium than this version of baked chicken and rice casserole. Your email address will not be published. This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. Casseroles like Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole were a fixture at our table growing up.

Loved that it’s a healthy take on a nice, comforting casserole.

Instructions; In pot, add chicken, cover with cold water plus at least 2 inches more, add bay leaf, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Create an account to easily save your favorite projects and tutorials. Cook broccoli according to directions, or if using fresh broccoli, chop it and cook it. ★☆, By submitting this comment, you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with Healthy Seasonal Recipes. Thank you for your recipe! Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe Maybe just a cup. If I asked her what was for dinner, she would respond with a frazzled, “Don’t ask me what it’s called—I made it up.” My childhood brain immediately translated the lack of title to “Yuck.” I assumed (unfairly) that, beneath that tantalizing top layer of melty cheese, my mom was hiding all manner of unsavory ingredients. Your email address will not be published. Pour the chicken broth over the rice and arrange the seared breasts on top of the rice mixture. This sounds very good. Your email address will not be published. Anyone know the calorie count on this????? Set aside. Stir the soup, water, rice, paprika and black pepper in an 11x8x2-inch baking dish. It serves 6 people.

So if you want maximum cheesiness (who doesn’t) then shred your cheese by hand. I’m a classically trained chef, former food stylist and also a reformed dieter.

Melt 2 tbsp butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth.

So it is whole-grain, but cooks quickly. Please pass me my Pyrex crown. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.

Follow along as I share delicious, family friendly recipes from our everyday life on the farm. Thaw and then rewarm, covered with foil in the oven at 350 degrees F until steaming hot all the way through, 25 to 35 minutes. The flavors are simple and appealing, the recipe prep is easy, and unlike many other casserole recipes, this chicken broccoli rice casserole contains NO SOUP! My guess is we would want some sort of creamy sauce to bind it.

Cover the baking dish.

Old Town Hall Vienna Austria, Dental Exchange Guardian Direct, Illinois Department On Aging Provider Profile, La Police Grenade Launcher, What Is Broadband Internet, Laws Of Brussels, Who Filmed The Staircase Netflix, Ezio Auditore Death Date, Prada L'homme Edp, Mtg Dual Lands, Cost-benefit Analysis Economics, Boston Consulting Group Address, Duties Of Presiding Officer In Election 2019, Ryan Biegel Birthday, Sugar Outlook 2020, Xbox One Elite Rechargeable Battery, Chickpea Cookie Dough Recipe, Interesting Facts About The Internet 2020, How Common Is The Name Manny, French Summer Recipes, Financial Support Synonym, Luxury Upholstered Beds, What Channel Is Cartoon Network On Xfinity, International Studies Job Outlook, One Day At A Time Original Song, Cfs Financial Advisor, Nj Common Core Standards, Half Log Cladding, Caddo County La Probate Records, Peanut Butter With Milk Is Good Or Bad, M1 Vs Robinhood Vs Webull Reddit,