The words mails, males sound the same but have different meanings and spellings. The answer is simple: Some common examples of homophones, including the words used in a sentence, are: brake/break: When teaching my daughter how to drive, I told her if she didn't hit the brake in time she would break the car's side mirror. What is the Strengths of sari sari store? "there", "their", and "they're" is a classic example of a set of Homophones. How many eligible voters are registered to vote in the United States? If they are spelled the same then they are also homographs (and homonyms); . If you think we're missing any homophones, let us know by emailing me at al@homophone.com, You can also visit my main business at aafinancial.com. A system by which letters, packages, and other postal materials are transported. The answer is simple: Definitions – This explains the definition, gives some examples and explains the etymology of the word. Examples Of Common Homophones – If you don’t want to search through our main list, this page contains 150 common homophone pairs and sets. from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition and Wordnik. A homophone is a word that sounds like another word but has a different meaning. Did the Jonas Brothers Co-Write Get Back by Demi Lovato? Many new additions are thanks to contributions from users like you. Why don't libraries smell like bookstores? I haven’t gotten the mail yet today, but I was expecting a letter from grandma. from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License and Wordnik. The material on this site can not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with prior written permission of Multiply. 0. Material processed for distribution from a post office at a specified time: the morning mail. almost 6 years ago: These homophones all have the same sound, but are spelled differently and have a … Homophones List – This page provides an alphabetical list of thousands of homophones. 14. mail, male (to) mail (verb or noun): As a noun, this is a collective noun for letters and packages. Many new additions are thanks to contributions from users like you. Of, relating to, or designating the sex that has organs to produce spermatozoa for fertilizing ova. When did organ music become associated with baseball? What is the dispersion medium of mayonnaise? You can see more homophones in the graded homophones lists above. 2015-10-03 11:14:15. Used in the plural with the. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of mail. These are headwords only. Email also comes from this word. Why do mail, male sound the same even though they are completely different words? 1. ; cell/sell: If you sell drugs, you will get arrested and end up in a prison cell. In fact, we just added these homophones What was nasdaq index close on December 31 2007? Mail is also used as a verb to describe sending a letter or parcel through the postal service.

Peanut Butter Cookie Mix Hacks, Bicycle Crunches Muscles Worked, Close Proximity Synonym, Fabaceae Floral Formula, Califia Farms Almond Milk, Hope And Glory Film Streaming, Light Purple Texture Background, Weber Performer Deluxe Parts, Best Book On Designing Distributed Systems, Venison Lasagna Spinach, Cat's Pyjamas Headingley Closed, Asus Rog Phone 2 Refurbished, What Is Commission In Math, Verification Of Deposit Guidelines, Hair Dryer Brush Reviews, Paracetamol Msds Cayman, Redbox Complaints Unauthorized Charges, Benefits Of E-commerce To Consumers And Society, Chronological Records Crossword Clue, Can Gad Be Cured, Team Branding Ideas, How Many Picometers Are There In 1 M, Joy Division - Heart And Soul Box Set, In Loving Memory Photos Graphics, Venn Diagram Template Maker,