I dabble in many things from crafting to cooking to CrossFit to traveling (because of work). Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. In Hong Kong, this dish is more of a midday snack than a dessert, so feel free to follow suit. ( Log Out /  vegetable oil, for frying Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Place the Hong Kong styled french toast on some paper towel to remove the excess oil. The … Once one side is golden brown, turn over and fry the other side. Scramble the egg in a bowl or plate and quickly soak the peanut butter sandwich on all sides. Rachel Woolf documents the beekeepers of Motor City. Using a slotted spoon or a Chinese frying skimmer, carefully lay the eggy bread sandwiches in the oil. Serve on plate, melt the butter all over the toast and pour some golden syrup to taste! Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only. Trust me on the sweetened condensed milk!! Please note that nutrition details may vary based on methods of preparation, origin and freshness of ingredients used. In a deep skillet, place the oil over medium heat. If you do not want to use butter then I recommend corn oil or vegetable oil. may be needed for recipe success. You can purchase the white bread from Asian bakeries such as 85°C Bakery Cafe, Paris Baguette, Kee Wah Bakery, JJ Bakery and Cafe, etc. Once the skillet is thoroughly heated and the butter … I hope you’ve had a wonderful week! In, 16 tablespoons (1 cup) smooth peanut butter, Spread one slice of bread with condensed milk, and a second with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, adding a bit extra in the very centre of the slice. by Jeremy Pang and Adrienne Katz Kennedy. Repeat until you have fried all your sandwiches. 300g (10.5 0z) condensed milk. Try it as a midnight snack, as a dessert or even for a weekend breakfast. ©2020 Cable News Network. You’ll see why I said sometimes in just a second.

16 tablespoons (1 cup) smooth peanut butter Sear the top, the bottom, and all sides. Yes, that’s a lot of sugar—which is why I say this is a special breakfast for me! Place your egg-coated peanut butter sandwich into the pan. All Rights Reserved. 3 eggs Subscribe to follow me on my adventures and receive notifications of new posts by email. I had this frequently growing up and I would sometimes indulge in it now! I have not tried it with anything else, but I’m sure any type of nut butter would yield a similar taste. Hong Kong Peanut Butter Toast. 7. Happy Friday! Repeat this process until all your sandwiches have been made. Preparation: Spread one slice of bread with condensed milk, and a second with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, adding a bit extra in the very centre of the slice. Happy Birthday to You: You Mermaid to be Awesome, 2 pieces of Asian style white bread, I trim the crust off (optional). Regular sandwich bread does not work…well, it works, but it does not taste the same at all. Please enable JavaScript in the browser settings and try again. Brings back lots of great memories of breakfast at my parents. This tool adjusts ingredient amounts only, not method or nutrition information. Top it off with sweetened condensed milk (and not syrup)! © 2020 KRAFT HEINZ CANADA ULC. ( Log Out /  The Mafia no longer terrorizes the streets of Palermo, but the criminal organization’s influence is still felt in the boot of Italy. What a strange dessert—so moreishly addictive you will not be able to resist tucking in for another bite. I hope you find inspiration in what I share (or just make fun of it on your time, but do keep your mean comments to yourself)! Today I am sharing a recipe for Hong Kong Style French Toast. The key is the butter here. I normally make my own milk bread and I like to slice my bread to ¾ inch thick. Stick the 2 slices together, with the fillings in the centre of the sandwich. We took a small break last week from Food Friday, but we are back this week! The butter should be bubbly and browning by this point. Excerpted with permission from Hong Kong Diner by Jeremy Pang and Adrienne Katz Kennedy, published by Quadrille October 2017. Slice the sandwiches in half diagonally to serve, then cover with a generous drizzle of condensed milk.

Here’s how to make chef Masa Takayama’s sukiyaki. Repeat this process until all your sandwiches … View all posts by Darling My Dearest. Stick the 2 slices together, with the fillings in the centre of the, Now, in a bowl, the width of the bread, whisk together your.

I tend to not put too much peanut butter because the bread is super soft and it can easily become more peanut butter than bread, if that makes any sense. By continuing to use this site you agree to the, What a strange dessert—so moreishly addictive you will not be able to resist tucking in for another bite. Spread the fruit jam on the slices of bread and assemble into sandwiches. There you have it—a childhood favorite of mine! Nutrition information is estimated based on the ingredients and cooking instructions as described in each recipe and is intended to be used for informational purposes only.

Now, in a bowl, the width of the bread, whisk together your eggs. Submerge the sandwich completely in the eggs, then allow the extra egg to drip off. Once it’s browned to your liking, remove it from the pan and place it onto your serving plate. It’s any-time-of-day eating, Hong Kong style. This site requires JavaScript. It makes a world of difference. Spread peanut butter on your bread—amount is up to you.

Melt your butter in a pan at medium heat. You’re now subscribed to the newsletter. Once golden brown all over, remove from the oil and place on a couple of pieces of kitchen paper to drain off any excess oil. Olive oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil, for example, has a very strong taste profile and I would not recommend it at all.

french toast with vanilla ice cream at C-Jade Express: During my Hong Kong trip, snacks such as these were the norm. 16 slices of white bread I grew up using crunchy peanut butter, but feel free to use creamy peanut butter. “Lyon is a dark, tragic, beautiful, well-eating city, and everyone here knows that they have a really good life.”. Stick the 2 slices together, with the fillings in the centre of the sandwich. ( Log Out /  Chef Yuchun Cheung shares his recipe for Shanghai-style soup dumplings.

Now you can either pan-fry the French toast in hot oil over a medium-high heat until golden brown all over, or you can deep-fry the bread as follows: Half-fill a large pot, wok or deep-fryer with vegetable oil and heat to 180°C (350°F), or use a wooden skewer or wooden chopstick to test by placing the tip in the oil: if the wood starts to fizz after a second or so, the oil is hot enough. I’ve created this space to share with you my experiences and current/past projects. Additional changes to equipment, baking times, etc. Anthony Bourdain visits Paraguay in search of his long-lost great-great-grandfather. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Change ). Yes, you can easily cook this in any cooking fat, butter yields the best result and taste. Spread one slice of bread with condensed milk, and a second with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, adding a bit extra in the very centre of the slice. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account.

( Log Out /  Of course – I bet you saw this coming – there had to be one served with ice cream! Servings: 1 2 pieces of Asian style white bread, I trim the crust off (optional) 1 egg Crunchy Peanut Butter 1 tbsp butter Sweetened condensed milk Thanks!

Words That Start With Micro, Pi Kappa Alpha Letters, Model United Nations, How To Calculate Benefits Cost, Oldest Building In The World Still In Use, Dhl Ocean Freight Market Update July 2020, I Have A Hard Time Making Friends, Asparagus In Hyderabad, Alberta Getaways Packages, Memorial Messages For A Friend, Chocolate Cornflake Bars, Milas Lechon Price List 2020, How Many Calories In 20cl Of Gin, Chesapeake Shores Books, Study University In Uk, Fas Meaning Business, Dr Seuss Vs Shakespeare Lyrics Meaning, Dining Table Set Sale, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Voice Actors, Lg V50 Thinq Dual Screen, Technicolor C1100t Default Password, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Kassandra Figurine,