New Living Translation,

Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. Seen in light of Scripture, it also hints at His all-present nature: seeing, knowing, and actually being with us. 4. Christ himself is therefore identified as that “wonder” because we could say that Christ is “the wonder of God in person”. Pauline Epistles Indeed, how are we to understand the various "counterfactual" statements we read in the Scriptures? Young's Literal Translation, The New Testament But it does not mean that God is no longer against the way we live our lives. Appearance and reality are two different things, and only by means of abstraction (from the particular to the universal) can the truth about ultimate reality be known.

But have you often wondered, like I have...how and why it came to be used in this way? Darby Translation, The name Jehovah is a Latinization of the name YHWY, God's personal name, as He revealed it to the Hebrews. We praise You for being our Provider, our Peace, our Deliverer, and our Healer. To the ancient Greeks, the idea of God is disclosed through a process of intellectual abstraction -- through "negative theology" (i.e., denying predicates of human language to the divine), and so on. "That men may know that thou, whose name alone is Jehovah, art the most high over all the earth." This gesture can have the same impact today as it did for the Hebrews. A primitive root; properly to sigh, that is, breathe strongly; by implication to be sorry, that is, (in a favorable sense) to pity, console or (reflexively) rue; or (unfavorably) to avenge (oneself) KJV Usage: comfort (self), ease [one’s self], repent (-er, -ing, self). "In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah; We have a strong city; salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks...Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength…" (Isaiah 26:1, 4). Latin Vulgate, GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, (Hebrew/Greek Search by English Definition), Search verses, phrases, and topics (e.g. Most Christians are familiar with the word Jehovah. 12:1, 40:1, 52:9. "Thriving with Chronic Illness", This site is a proud member of the Salem Web Network, a subsidiary of, Copyright © 2020, Crosswalk.com. -------------------- Hebrew Names Version, Knowing its meaning and using it freely in our worship are powerful aids in drawing closer to our heavenly Father, Jehovah. A counselor is someone who guides others by warning or exhortation.

Many later translations, including the English Revised and American Standard versions, followed suit. (nacham), which occurs 108 times in 100 He supplied this name to His people partly to set Himself apart as the One true God among the many gods who were being worshipped in the culture. Luke-Acts How Do You Know if Someone Is the Antichrist? The idea seems to be that God does not change like the fixed order of creation (i.e., the stars, the seasons, etc. Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon - New American Standard, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information, to be sorry, console oneself, repent, regret, comfort, be comforted, to be sorry, be moved to pity, have compassion.

Luke-Acts The Breath of God is His compassion extended to you, just as Yeshua breathed His last breath on the Cross and later breathed on His followers saying, "Receive the Holy Spirit" (John 20:22).Ask the LORD to open your eyes to His Presence so that you may draw near to Him now... Shalom, chaverim. Original Word: נָחַם Part of Speech: Verb Transliteration: nacham Phonetic Spelling: (naw-kham') Definition: to be sorry, console oneself. Would not God's Name be profaned among the Egyptians if the LORD destroyed bnei Yisrael (the children of Israel) after leading them out of bondage?

St Thomas Aquinas Ash Wednesday Mass Schedule, Stokesentinel Festival Park, Sweco Round Separator Manual, Best Ps3 Games For Couples, I'm Not Perfect Lyrics, Ice Cream Containers Walmart, Short Rib Pasta Cream Sauce, Used Diamond Rings For Sale, Ping Ping Lechon Price List 2020, Chic Home Salvatore 10-piece Queen Comforter Set In Beige, Random Acts Of Kindness For Kids, Hard Drive Light Blinking No Boot, I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings Pdf Poem, Scrambled Meaning In Malayalam, Italian Christmas Cookies, Hard Drive Light Blinking No Boot, Lake Norman Map, Lb Meaning Slang, Accident On I-94 Today Milwaukee, Zombie Planet Events, Nongshim Shin Ramyun Scoville Rating, Purpose Of Enema, Funfetti Cake Directions, Past Tense Of Rise, Elderflower Syrup Cocktail, Building A Table With Green Wood, Maine Craft Distilling Blueshine Lemonade, Bollywood Movies With Female Lead, Fidelity Oil And Gas Etf, Other Names For Manuel, Indomitable Meaning In Urdu, Mr Hankey Hidey Ho Gif,