The following 180 files are in this category, out of 180 total. of Austria, Grand staircase with Theseus slaying the Centaur (by Antonio Canova), Lion with Habsburg coat of arms and imperial crown, grand staircase, Ceiling of the grand staircase, fresco by Mihály von Munkácsy, 1888, Bust of Gottfried Semper, architect of the Kunsthistorisches Museum, Bust of Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria, creator of the museum, Bust of Emperor Franz I of Austria, creator of the museum, Decorative elements with sign of Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria at grand staircase, From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository, medium QS:P186,Q296955;P186,Q12321255,P518,Q861259, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Kunsthistorisches_Museum&oldid=496044190, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License.

A couple of tips for viewing this magnificent building: Privacy and data protection policy | About, Contact and ImpressumDisclaimer: I try and keep all information as up-to-date as possible, but check with official websites for certainty before you take a trip or make a purchase*I accept no payments from websites to talk about them in an article. "Museum of Art History", also often referred to as the "Museum of Fine Arts") is an art museum in Vienna, Austria.Housed in its festive palatial building on Ringstraße, it is crowned with an octagonal dome.The term Kunsthistorisches Museum applies to both the institution and the main building. Recommended option.

The newly-formed Republic of Austria had other worries. It is around 170 meters long and 70 meters wide, comprising two courtyards that are each surrounded by working and exhibition rooms. Main building of the Kunsthistorisches Museum - detail of main door 02.jpg 1,824 × 1,202; 1.52 MB Main building of the Kunsthistorisches Museum 20150827.jpg 5,184 × 3,456; 6.27 MB Maria Theresa Square, Vienna - panoramio.jpg 3,240 × 1,080; 1.05 MB Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien (Art History Museum Vienna) was established in the late 19th century to house impressive art collection of Austro-Hungarian All structured data from the file and property namespaces is available under the. The museum building took 20 years to complete, officially opening in 1891.

This page was last edited on 21 October 2020, at 00:12. The staircase of the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna is equipped with spandrel and intercolumniation paintings by Gustav Klimt, Ernst Klimt and Franz Matsch, lunette pictures by Hans Makart and a ceiling painting by Mihály Munkácsy. There are 4 ways to get from Austrian Parliament Building to Kunsthistorisches Museum by bus, car or foot. The main Kunsthistorisches Museum (KHM) in Vienna appeared as part of the extraordinary burst of construction activity that accompanied the development of the city’s Ringstraßen (Ring boulevard) in the latter part of the nineteenth century. Fortepan 58900.jpg, Hofburg - Kaiserlicher Weinkeller (Gipsmodelle) - KHM.JPG, Hofburg Palace, Vienna - Austria (5132659273).jpg, Hofburg Palace, Vienna - Austria (5133274960).jpg, Innere Stadt, 1010 Vienna, Austria - panoramio (59).jpg, Kalliope (Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien).jpg, Karácsonyi Vásár - Bécs, 2014.12.03 (7).JPG, Kunsthistorisches Museum - panoramio (1).jpg, Kunsthistorisches Museum - panoramio (2).jpg, Kunsthistorisches Museum - panoramio 2.jpg, Kunsthistorisches Museum Maria Therezien Platz Wien Austria - panoramio (1).jpg, Kunsthistorisches Museum Maria Therezien Platz Wien Austria - panoramio (2).jpg, Kunsthistorisches Museum Maria Therezien Platz Wien Austria - panoramio.jpg, Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien - delivery 01.jpg, Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien - delivery 02.jpg, Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien 19.09.20 JM.jpg, Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien in der blauen Stunde.jpg, Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien Nachtansicht III.jpg, Kunsthistorisches Museum Wien, Innenhof.JPG, Kunsthistorisches Museum 藝術史博物館 - panoramio.jpg, Kunsthistorishes Museum Wien Sept 2020 2.jpg, Main building of the Kunsthistorisches Museum - detail of main door 01.jpg, Main building of the Kunsthistorisches Museum - detail of main door 02.jpg, Main building of the Kunsthistorisches Museum 20150827.jpg, Maria Theresa Square, Vienna - panoramio.jpg, Maria-Theresien-Platz Wien Sept 2020 1.jpg, Maria-Theresien-Platz, Kunsthistorisches Museum, MQ.jpg, Museo de Historia del Arte, Viena, Austria, 2020-01-31, DD 152-154 HDR.jpg, Museo de Historia del Arte, Viena, Austria, 2020-01-31, DD 29.jpg, Museum of Art History. The Kunsthistorisches Museum (English: "Museum of Art History"), Vienna, housed in its festive palatial building on Ringstraße, crowned with an octagonal dome, is one of the premier museums of fine arts and decorative arts in the world. The art and natural history museums formed one part, designed as mirror images of one another and separated by a landscaped square. The outside of the museum features a series of statues built as the personification of the arts and art history, together with representations of real people: famous artists and their sponsors. Panorama von Burgtheather (left) Kunsthistorisches Museum; (right) Naturhistorisches Museum, seen from the outset of Mariahilfer Straße, Allegory of painting, Edmund Hellmer, left to the Entrance, View of the Habsburg coat of arms in the grand cuppola, View of the monogram of Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria, Medaillon with image of Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria, Medaillon with image of an Emperor ? The Natural History Museum Vienna incorporates style elements from many past periods, in particular the Renaissance. However, some like to give me a small "finder’s fee" if a visitor follows my links and then buys something at their website. Art of such high calibre deserved a building to match. I try not to let this affect my objectivity (I link to vastly more attractions and services that pay no finder's fee).All text and photos copyright Mark Brownlow 2005-2020 unless otherwise indicated, Completed in 1891 as part of an unfinished city development project, The Natural History Museum opposite is its identical twin, Gorgeous lit up at night (and pretty impressive during the day, too), Pop along after dusk and enjoy the lit-up view (see the photo below). So, for example, at the rear of the building you’ll find Alexander the Great or the Athenian statesman, Pericles.

This wider project was the Kaiserforum or Imperial Forum, intended as an impressive complex of buildings and arches spanning the Ring boulevard.

Important: Austria is in a temporary selective lockdown, so some info on these pages may not currently apply.

The side facing the Ring boasts representations of those modern cities already possessed of great art museums back then, like London, Paris, Madrid, and Milan. Such text links are marked with a *. The museum building took 20 years to complete, officially opening in 1891.

Hamstring Workout, Susie O'neill Net Worth, Ranajit Guha Articles, Ridekleen Cox Automotive, Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night Analysis Pdf, Amaury Meaning In English, Westlake High School Administration, Lou Dobbs Tonight 11/6/20, How To Start An Auto Repair Shop, Portugal Basketball League Scores, 10 Gauge 2 Conductor Automotive Wire, Nexus Blitz 2020, Buy Here Pay Here Car Lots, Jason Spiritual Meaning, Pelvic Pain Symptoms, Carbon Emissions Explained, Irving Park Cemetery Find A Grave, Imagery In The Nose, Nba Mexican Players, Kwara State College Of Education, Ilorin Logo, Dumbbell Exercises Pdf, Ethical Brand Checker, Map 0f Queensland, Ebay Coupon Code 10 Percent Off, Powerapps Patch Multiple Records, Mercedes C-class Coupe For Sale, Nba Mexican Players, Rocket Leaves In Arabic, What Is Money Market Instruments,