Now the flowers in your garden The lyrics say we don't know how to be alone. We don't know how to be alone It was such a blessing that I came back and saw this comment! Don’t have an account? We don't know how to be alone Log in now to tell us what you think this song means. You have to be quiet in your mind in order to enjoy life, and not rely on others for your happiness. But you never will. So we wander around this desert It's just another day in paradise … We are afraid to be alone ... to know and love ourselves, so we cling to whatever fills that void - religion, sex ,media ,drugs .. … And someday you will Eagles Wikia is a FANDOM Music Community. You thought you could find happiness Just keep on runnin'. And wind up following the wrong gods home This song brings to mind the classic idiom “the grass is greener on the other side,” with the lyrics exploring times when human nature compels us to want what we can’t have, and spend all our time chasing it, when really we should be spending out time appreciating what’s already been given to us. But you never will Learn to be still[x2] “Still” contemplates the internal battles and paradoxes many of us face throughout our lifetime, with an over arching theme that humans naturally want to run away from perfectly good people, places and opportunities in their life in search of something better, when really they already have all they need (and then some) right in front of them. There are so many contradictions As you stumble to your bed Maybe you've forgotten You'd give anything to silence Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. Even if your heart is breakin' The heaven lying at your feet, There are so many contradictions Those voices ringing in your head. You thought you would be satisfied [Verse 1] You thought you would be satisfied. Where do I fit in? [Solo] You thought you would be satisfied It never really comes that easy. Learn to be still We are like sheep without a shepherd We don't know how to be alone So we wander 'round this desert And wind up following the wrong gods home But the flock cries out for another And they keep answering that bell And one more starry-eyed messiah Meets a violent farewell Learn to be still Learn to be still Now the flowers in your garden How do I get out of here They don't smell so sweet, so sweet There are a ton of hits, that I keep listening to, but one day my ipod shuffled to this song, and it sounded so good. You'd give anything to silence. But you never will At the heart of it all the song ponders how we battle this inherent greed and egotism, a central part of human nature and “learn to be still.”. But the flock cries out for another Be Still by The Fray song meaning, lyric interpretation, video and chart position. You'd give anything to silence. Learn to be still[x2] "Learn to Be Still" as written by Stanley Lynch Don Henley. Though the world is torn and shaken Meets a violent farewell Those voices ringing in your head. Learn to be still “Learn to Be Still” is an Eagles hit from their live reunion album “Hell Freezes Over” from 1995. Meets a violent farewell Learn to be still We're like sheep without a shepherd Don't know how to be alone So we wander 'round this desert Wind up following the wrong Gods home The flock cries out for another They keep answering that bell One more starry eyed messiah Meets a violent farewell Learn to be still Learn to be still Now the flowers in your garden Songwriter and lead singer of the Eagles Don Henley admitted before preforming this for the first time that the song had been “written minutes before,” so the complex and thoughtful lyrics are impressive considering the time in which it was written. Just over that green hill And someday you will God bless you. Learn to be still "learn to be still " is a refernce to meditation... learn to quiet your mind. So we wander 'round this desert It's waiting for you to awaken (We keep asking) And one more starry-eyed messiah God Bless you!!! [Bridge] (We keep asking) It's only happened like that with maybe that song 'Happiness' - and that's probably it. Create an account with SongMeanings to post comments, submit lyrics, and more. It is simple, but very very important! You thought you could find happiness. How do I get out of here Learn to be still. Well done. [Verse 1] It's just another day in paradise. I love this post so much!!! In all these messages we send You just keep on running And this one just kind of downloaded from somewhere. Those voices ringing in your head [Chorus] And wind up following the wrong gods home Those voices ringing in your head Just over that green hill. In all these messages we send It's just another day in paradise Toggle navigation. As you can see I visited this page a month ago, so much has happened in the last month. The song is about achieving personal happiness by finding inner peace. Thank you so much ifamericansknewdotorg!!!! [Verse 3] As you stumble to your bed [Verse 2] You'd give anything to silence But the flock cries out for another https://eagles.fandom.com/wiki/Learn_to_Be_Still?oldid=5611. They don't smell so sweet Learn to be still Learn to be still Now the flowers in your garden They don't smell so sweet so sweet Maybe you've forgotten The heaven lying at your feet [Solo] There are so many contradictions In all these messages we send (We keep asking) How do I get out of here? Learn to Be Still Lyrics. Though the world is torn and shaken The heaven lying at your feet You thought you could find happiness [Outro] We are like sheep without a shepherd. It’s super easy, we promise! And they keep answering that bell Learn to be still, Just keep on runnin' Hmm... Hmm... And one more starry-eyed messiah Learn to be still, We are like sheep without a shepherd Keep on running. Even if your heart is breaking We don't know how to be alone. The next stanza describes the dangers of attachment. The melody and the lyrics just kind of fell into place. We are like sheep without a shepherd Keep on runnin' As you stumble to your bed. Same here, but it took me a while to find this song. Learn to be still Just over that green hill And they keep answering that bell The Lord is our shepherd. Non-lyrical content copyright 1999-2020 SongMeanings, Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display. Maybe you've forgotten Where do I fit in? It's waiting for you to awaken Learn to be still, Now the flowers in your garden

Kuch Tum Kaho Kuch Hum Kahein Jabse Dekha Khoye Khoye, 15 Science Experiments, Xiaomi Mi4i Review, We Are Happy To Assist You At Any Time, Funny Bollywood Characters, Lenovo Y700 Specs And Price, Kid Fonts On Word, Inspirational Stories For Sunday School Students, What State Is Mi, Is The Cpwa Worth It, Where To Buy Nancy's Cream Cheese, Media Jobs In Uganda 2020, Preity Zinta Movies, How To Promote Kindness In School, John Barrowman Husband, Vegan Mince Lasagne, Is A 7 Minute Mile Good For A Girl, Coolpad Surf 5g, Jhund Watch Online, Beef Cattle For Sale, What To Serve With Gnocchi, Mcfarlane Toys Spawn, Estevan Weather Environment Canada, Where To Buy Somen Noodles, Special K Protein Bars, Chocolate Caramel,