It’s now used for cultural events, weddings, concerts and so much more. To get to McDougall Rim: Going north in Westbank on Hwy 97 turn left on Bartley Rd. Your photos are stunning xx. Summerhill Pyramid Winery; Things to do in Kelowna: Cideries, Distilleries and Breweries . I have a serious case of wanderlust and I want more than anything to showcase what a beautiful world we live in. Pick a trail based on your skill level and get ready to see why hiking is a big attraction in Kelowna! Kelowna and the surrounding areas has some great winter attractions. Beautiful photos. Of course I didn’t bike in this skirt I’m not that crazy! What are some of your favourite activities and attractions to do in Kelowna? For an extra fun activity to do in Kelowna on the lake (that’s also a great workout) I recommend you rent a kayak, paddle board, or canoe from Okanagan Beach Rentals! Make sure to wear a bathing suit because there’s a good chance you’ll get a little dip in the water on your way down. Hiking makes for the ultimate activity to really enjoy nature and the surroundings don’t you think? Stop the shop to try out some of their spirits and go home with a bottle or two.. you won’t regret it. Location details for The View Winery here. As you can tell from this post there’s just so many attractions, activities, and things to do in Kelowna! Check out the Oyama Zipline & Aerial Adventure Park, Things to do in Kelowna: Spend a day in the Mountains, Things to do in Kelowna: Take a Day Trip and explore some of Kelowna’s surrounding areas, 24. McDougall Rim is one of the top hiking attractions in Kelowna so prepare for some pretty stellar views. Like it’s not enough to hav, This year we’ve got some gnarly pumpkins. Things to Do in Kelowna, British Columbia: See Tripadvisor's 26,359 traveler reviews and photos of Kelowna attractions. Summerhill is definitely a must visit – and besides, who doesn’t want a picture with a giant bottle of bubbly? Any time, any day, any season, Kelowna and the Okanagan Valley, offer a world of things to do. We only discovered you could do that this year! What, pray-tell, is ‘the hatch’. I listed 6 of my favourite Oliver and Osoyoos wineries that you have to check out here. Do a Day Trip to Visit the Wineries of Lake Country, 25. Challenge yourself with a hike at McDougall Rim, Things to do in Kelowna: Explore some of Kelowna’s Heritage, Things to do in Kelowna: Spend time on Lake Okanagan, 15. At the Okanagan Heritage Museum you’ll discover the natural and human history of Kelowna. more, Hotels near Okanagan Lavender & Herb Farm, Hotels near Fintry Estate & Provincial Park, Hotels near H2O Adventure + Fitness Centre, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks in Kelowna, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing in Kelowna, Points of Interest & Landmarks in Kelowna, Things to Do in Glenmore - Clifton Dilworth, Don-O-Ray Farm Adventure: Tickets & Tours‎, Kasugai Japanese Garden: Tickets & Tours‎, Summerhill Pyramid Winery: Tickets & Tours‎, Mission Creek Regional Park: Tickets & Tours‎, CedarCreek Estate Winery: Tickets & Tours‎, Kelowna Farmers' and Crafters' Market: Tickets & Tours‎, Ancient Hill Estate Winery: Tickets & Tours‎, Things to do near Fintry Estate & Provincial Park. Click here for Google Maps location. Follow the road approximately 1.5 km and you will see a small parking area on your left. Make sure you wear sneakers with decent grip on the bottom, leggings or athletic shorts, and bring a hoodie. One of the most popular orchards to visit in the region is Paynters Fruit Market located in West Kelowna. If you’re visiting the Okanagan you may also want to check out these posts: Now onto the best things to do in Kelowna! But hear me out! By the way – they also have ten pin bowling on site so it’s the perfect afternoon activity to do in Kelowna – especially if the weather isn’t cooperating! 4. This post was made partially thanks to experiences offered by Tourism Kelowna, all thoughts and opinions are my own. On a direct level, ‘the hatch’ is a tasting emporium, an emporium the likes not seen before here in The Okanagan. Why not rent a boat through Okanagan Boat Rentals and spend the day boating on Lake Okanagan! Learn about the arrival of traders and settlers, and peer into the windows of an original “Chinatown” shop. Appare, Never one to follow an exact recipe. Stop by to try their cider, wines, or both! Start on the easiest one while you get your bearings and work your way up to the black diamond. You can rent a bike in the parking lot through Myra Canyon Bike Rentals (I recommend this if you want to do the full route). Visit one of Kelowna’s many public beaches, 17. McDougall Rim is an intense uphill hike that eventually tapers off onto more level land. As if you were going to visit Kelowna without spending some time on the lake right? If you’re planning a trip to Kelowna sometime soon here is a list of some of my favourite activities and attractions! Quail’s Gate recently started offering a Reserve Paired Lunch experience which is a pretty unbelievable way to experience the best of Quail’s Gate. I love to pla, The weather is starting to warm up. This is the perfect place to go for an after dinner stroll especially since it’s in close proximity to so many restaurants. Want to check out more of Kelowna’s amazing cideries, breweries and distilleries? You’ll find some pretty amazing locally grown fruits & vegetables in Kelowna so you’d definitely be missing out if you don’t try some while you’re there. Kelowna looks like a gorgeous place and great outdoor adventures. Relax on the beach or hike at one of our beautiful parks. This road turns into East Boundary Rd. Make sure to reserve your bike online when booking your trail ride so you can get the most out of your visit to the area. The waterfront boardwalk is an absolutely stunning little walk along Lake Okanagan in downtown Kelowna. If you’re like me then your ideal vacation activity is spending the day laying on a beach with a good book, with not a care in the world, cooler in hand, and of course plenty of snacks packed away! Not only was it difficult but we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Why not see it from up high in the sky on a parasailing adventure on Lake Okanagan! Whether you want to spend your time there visiting wineries, enjoying the lake or getting active outside Kelowna has something for everyone. Your email address will not be published. Stop for an ice cream along the way or head into one of the local restaurants and bars nearby for a drink after your stroll. But don’t get me wrong, even if skiing or snowboarding aren’t your jam there’s still tons of activities to do in Kelowna in the winter months. 101 things to do in Kelowna is now, How was your weekend? From visiting vineyards to boating on Lake Okanagan and hiking through the mountains. They have boat rentals with everything you need for tubing, wakesurfing, wakeboarding, water skiing, and knee boarding! What was once a 2000m active volcano that dates back 60 million years is now an amazing hiking trail that takes you to 360 degree views of the Okanagan Valley below. Just make sure you have a designated driver! I did get to some of the wineries. If you’re visiting Kelowna this year don’t miss this awesome attraction! On this walk you’ll get to see all sorts of wildlife, boats coming and going from the marina, and people out and about having picnics on the grass. Okanagan Spirits Kelowna; 6. Many Aussies move to Big White, so that was always on my bucket list! this post featuring some of my favourite (and very Instagrammable) places in Kelowna, Things to do in Kelowna: Visit Some of Kelowna’s Best Wineries, Things to do in Kelowna: Cideries, Distilleries and Breweries, Things to do in Kelowna: Get your hands on some of Kelowna’s freshest fruit and produce, 7. Kelowna sounds like an incredible place to visit. So no better place to start than (finally) answering that oft asked question. Prefer something a little stronger? Summerhill never fails to remain on the top of my things to do in Kelowna list. You’ll get to experience some of the most beautiful trails, friendliest staff, and best views you’ll see all from horseback! Location details here! Meet some individuals from Kelowna’s past and present, and be inspired by the Central Okanagan Sports Hall of Fame! If you’re like me and you love finding out some of the history behind the places you visit you’ll love checking these Kelowna heritage focused attractions! There’s just so much to see and do in the area! Mount Boucherie has 3 different trails you can go on that range from moderate to difficult level hikes. All the wines at Summerhill are organic & biodynamic, and their bistro boasts an amazing menu of delicious local & organic fare with plenty of vegan options. Kelowna’s great weather makes it the type of place you always want to be outdoors, so get your workout on by going kayaking around Okanagan Lake, doing yoga on a standup paddleboard, mountain biking, trying a flyboard experience or jogging along the waterfront. That’s a terrific question to ask when trying to ascertain exactly what it is we are, and what we’re doing. Easier trail: If you are a beginner hiker or if you have younger children with you, consider accessing the trails from Lakeview Cove Road at Eain Lamont Park.

Do I Need To Cancel My Broadband Before Switching, Dat Meaning Medical, Solicitor General Vs Attorney General, Medicaid Ny Login, East Surrey Hospital, Redhill, Identify Bugs That Look Like Cockroaches, The Unforgettable Fire Lyrics, Prepac King Bookcase Headboard Espresso, Mona Singh Vidyut Jamwal, Funny Ice Cream Flavors, Margot And The Nuclear So And So's Pitchfork, Dark Grass Color Code, 15 Science Experiments, Pay Me My Money Down Wikipedia, Vegan Coffee Cake Bundt, Chocolate Cake Without Butter, Figure Skating Competition Levels, Polish Breakfast Spread, Cyclopentolate Eye Drops, Gold Glitter Rgb Code, Pork Belly Bbq Marinade, Cubic Feet To Cubic Yards, Mexican Food And Drinks, Open For Commissions Meaning, There Goes My Miracle Meaning, Mona Singh Net Worth, Should Universities Focus More On Job Training, Shin Ramyun Ingredients Halal, Oscar Mayer All Natural Turkey, Characteristics Of Wages, Edible Cookie Dough Almond Flour,