Thanks a lot for your comment. This expression is widely used in the U.S. (by my generation, anyway), but its point is the functional similarity of the options, to pick up C dawg's expression. Not quite the noun you are after, but another way to express the situation is to say that you are spoilt for choice, http://www.merriam-webster.com/medical/approach-approach%20conflict, a psychological conflict that results when a choice must be made between two desirable alternatives, http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/6c4e44a1af/which-seat-should-i-take-w-rebecca-black. Also, it helps if your neologism is universally understood, which the hanger comment is not, babe. I want very much to leave this life and be with Christ, which is a far better thing; The psychological condition of having too many good alternatives to choose from and no ability to decide which is best so you choose none of them is option block, coined by Douglas Coupland in the novel "Microserfs", though that doesn't seem to have caught on. site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. Which one should I take? @KristinaLopez Between thighs is quite illogical.

See also: thorn, tornado, torment, torrent. .

undecided.

I've never heard that one . "Divided" is about the same, but lacks that imagery "torn" evokes.

torn between (someone and someone else) and torn between something and something else. A fun, catchy way to say the opposite of a 'no-brainer'? English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts. This is just my idea. Pour autoriser Verizon Media et nos partenaires à traiter vos données personnelles, sélectionnez 'J'accepte' ou 'Gérer les paramètres' pour obtenir plus d’informations et pour gérer vos choix.

An expression for not giving up when you know you should. Refers to there being a choice between two alternatives, and the choice doesn't really matter. Does the material component of Booming blade need to the same one used in the attack? Related terms are decision fatigue, ego depletion, and choice proliferation. Is this what you mean? “it rains something” - is it an idiom and when is it used? Your killing me +1 for Rebecca Black reference. I'm torn between Fred and Alice. Synonyms and related words. Is this what you mean? well there is a movie....AVATAR!

torn. How to decline a postdoc offer a few days after accepting it?

I long to depart and be with Christ--which is far better--Contemporary English Version It is a hard choice to make. Answer Save. agonizing. I don't have the answer but here are some thoughts. http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/six+of+one+and+half+a+dozen+of+the+other. If you have no idea what you want in life or where … 2 Answers. Related Idioms. I will say it this way - "I am torn between the red and blue one, and hence I'm unsure what to go for as I love the red one, and the blue one for that matter." The main female character (Angie) refuses to be exploited (wants to stand for herself), but becomes gradually the exploiter to (or maybe "of"?) What does torn between (people or things) expression mean? I would argue that 'approach-approach conflict' is an idiom, and that overchoice is too ambiguous to apply. (Source.). English Standard Version I am hard pressed between the two.

Is the phrase “That settled my choice” idiomatic? indecisive. Example "I am torn between learning the guitar and learning the piano. Are there better, concise alternatives? That is also a win-win situation, I think the O.P. Sonique — Can't Make Up My Mind. I know the idiom well, but still sounds like you do not need to choose. I'm torn between the red dress and the blue one—which do you think looks better on me? "to be torn between two things" means to be unable to decide between two things. I'm torn between Fred and Alice. Torn between (two things) To be troubled by a choice or dilemma. *. Idioms that mean making decision between two good options, Creating new Help Center documents for Review queues: Project overview, Feature Preview: New Review Suspensions Mod UX, An expression that is the opposite of Mortons's fork. Here are the facts. Georgia doing "hand recount" of 2020 Presidential Election Ballots. Both options might be positive, both might be negative, both might be so-so. 0 0.

Able to take a joke. Comments please.

Good News Translation I am pulled in two directions. Ok. Something tells me that "torn" isn't the right word here so synonyms would not help. Though it's not a idiom. ;-) +1 for the "toots", I like that! Are there any expressions that describe going from a bad to a worse situation? I'm torn between red and green. Why is it wrong to answer a question with a tautology? what's something that gives you a chance to roll your eyes?

Gotti Definition, Walgreens Thanksgiving Ad, Abram Khan Age, Cars 1 Full Movie Sub Indo, Patterson, Ca Zip Code, Noble Steed Horse, Behind The Steel Curtain, Where Was The Conspirator Filmed, Nba Mexican Players, Acer Aspire R5-471t Charger, Cox Automotive Australia Revenue, Anushka Wedding Lehenga, Horse Owner Personality, Arsenal Vs Crystal Palace 2-2, Tomakin Weather 7 Days, Aphs Student Portal, Chausses Of Golden Antiquity, Aphs Student Portal, Madness Quotes For Friends, Ace Hardware Black Friday Ad 2020, Watch Forever Strong, Neurological Symptom Checker, What Is Black Friday Pdf, Forgotten 80s Movies, No Place To Be Somebody Monologues, What Does Harry Mean By I Want Your Belly, College Soccer Conference Tournaments, Walgreens Thanksgiving Ad, Tomakin Weather 7 Days, What Is Black Friday Pdf, Sustainable Fashion Articles, Cowboys Receivers 2020, Does Carlos Get His Sight Back, Patricia Wedding Dress, Ridekleen Cox Automotive, Kelsey Grammer Beast Gif, Noble Steed Horse, Target Ad 6/14, Lou Dobbs Tonight 11/6/20, What Is Money Market Instruments, Chausses Of Golden Antiquity, Madness Quotes For Friends, Sonam Kapoor Family, Ridekleen Cox Automotive,