The French take their cheese business seriously; they have cheese with everything, and we’re not talking about just as an appetiser but also for mains and desserts! If you’re not sure what to buy while visiting France, then you should check out this list of the top 8 souvenirs in France! Rejoice if you’re a cheese lover because the French supermarket’s cheese section spoils you with countless varieties of cheese.

Shelves and shelves of decorating items. For bakers, you really must go to G. Detou.

You will regret eating your last one, so make you sure pick up at least double the amount you think you need. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Provence shop, France | Kirkandmimi/Pixabay. There are so many wonderful things to discover and bring back for yourself and your foodie friends. Or, go to a local drugstore. On the outside, they all kind of look the same; but a closer inspection of aisles yield fascinating cultural gems that simply *make* the trip for me. If you want something savory to go with beer, look for snacks like TUC, Twinuts, ApéroCracks and Curly. (I haven’t touched non-edibles yet, but see a local’s guide to scoring treasures at Paris flea markets!).

Shopping in France opens the door to such a splendid variety of regional traditions, gastronomy and crafts that it would take much longer than one lifetime to explore them all, but the fun is in the trying! I always bring them back to my mom. Related Reading: How To Get The Best Seat On An Airplane, According To Travel Insiders | The Best Plane Snacks for Your Next Flight, If you’re lucky enough to have a trip to France in your future, plan to skip the fridge magnets and pack that extra bag for all of the great edible souvenirs easily found in supermarkets instead—after all, those butter biscuits won’t pack themselves. What do you like to bring back from your travels (to France, or elsewhere) abroad? Today: the best food gifts and supermarket souvenirs she loves hauling back from France. Le Puy lentils are French green lentils with a fancy AOC (appellation d’origine contrôlée) designation. I would also go to La Grande Épicerie de Paris which is basically a food hall at the Le Bon Marché where they have all kinds of speciality stuff. Best enjoyed with a bit of aged cheese and perhaps even a sip of Sauternes after your first meal back. I would also try La Grande Épicerie de Paris where they have a great selection of gourmet French foods that you can take home. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Luckily, the Mirabelle (shown above), or golden plum, can be found Stateside.

Their own brand.

I also bring back Damann lapsang souchong tea, but think I get that at a specialty store. Let me know in the comments below! You could choose a good brand in the grocery, or go to La Chambre aux Confitures which is just a shop full of jams -- and they don't mind if you sample all the cool combinations (I know from experience)! Whenever I'm there I stock up on two things: http://epicerie.cz/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2560, which you can find at any Monoprix Saint Michel, http://www.maille.com/fr_FR/moutarde-au-cognac/19839601.html. Hi, I will be travelling to Paris in a months time but my family prefers food rather than tacky souvenirs. 11 Things You Can Only Buy in France. what better way than to explore their supermarkets?

Lavender honey is excellent drizzled over nice French cheeses. If you’re lucky enough to be staying in a hotel or Airbnb equipped with a freezer, freeze a couple of blocks of beurre, tuck them into a zip-top bag, and be so proud of yourself when you retrieve them from your suitcase once safely across the pond. Like the others I would recommend to go somewhere else. They have everything. Interested in living life the French way on your vacation in France?
Supermarket shoppers in France could save hundreds if not thousands of euros each year by picking the right brand, a study revealed this week.

Definitely. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Sign up for our newsletter to receive the latest tips, tricks, recipes and more, sent twice a week. Welcome to Chow with Me, where Chowhound’s executive editor Hana Asbrink shares all of the irresistible things she’s cooking, eating, reading, buying, and more.Today: the best food gifts and supermarket souvenirs she loves hauling back from France. One of my favorite brands is Rödel, which you can find at the swoon-worthy La Grande Epicerie de Paris, but I also enjoy the Connétable brand, easily found in most markets.

Definitely.

( Log Out /  Welcome to Chow with Me, where Chowhound’s executive editor Hana Asbrink shares all of the irresistible things she’s cooking, eating, reading, buying, and more.

Just bring to room temperature before snapping off a small block.). If you have energy to open a jar of cornichons or wash off some radishes, you pretty much have a complete meal.

One of my favorite solo dinner hacks is cracking open a tin of fancy sardines and enjoying them atop hunks of crusty baguette (or even Triscuits, as Prune fans know well). Also look for various Knorr and Maggi cubes of bouquet garni, Persillade, shrimp, mushroom, etc. When you buy something through our retail links, we may receive a commission. So, I have compiled a list of 6 great-value-for-your-money French products that you can buy at any supermarket on your next trip to France. They even wrapped everything in fancy paper!
Have a great trip! My love for Chowhound started many moons ago, long before services like Yelp, TripAdvisor, and certainly Instagram were around to help dictate the stops on food-focused trips. If you’ve never had a Gavottes Crêpe Dentelle, you’re in for a treat.

Hey Joyce! If I was in the receiving end, I would love to receive Foie Gras. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Restaurants, traditional markets, and fancy epiceries would feature prominently, of course, but to this day, the highlights of my journeys to any city—near or far—center around acquiring edible souvenirs from trips to the nearest supermarket (and it seems the Chowhound community is in agreement). Turn into the actual heart eye emoji while roaming the snack aisles? To saver on special occasions ! Snap up some French snacks not easily available in Singapore or discover hidden finds — here are the 6 things KKday recommends you to buy in France‘s supermarkets.

The old school Clement Faugier brand comes in a handy tube, perfect for squeezing into awkward wedges of suitcase space. Pecan Pie or Pumpkin Pie: Which One Wins Thanksgiving? The delicate texture of Le Saunier De Camargue Fleur De Sel Sea Salt is just the perfect finishing touch for everything from salads and steaks, to brownies and chocolate chip cookies. Interested in living life the French way on your vacation in France? Can't go wrong with chocolate!! You can also bring back macarons from Pierre Hermé Paris or Ladurée , they can keep for a few days (but still, most enjoyable if eaten as soon as possible). Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Things to go along with beer will be good! |, 9 Baking Mistakes That Ruin Your Cakes, Cookies, Brownies & Bread, The Top Trending Fall Foods & Recipes, According to Google, The Best Places to Buy Baking Ingredients Online, Easy Baking Recipes You Can Make with Pantry Staples, The 20 Best ALDI Finds for November Are All About Cookies & Thanksgiving, 8 Easy Ways to Make Boxed Mac & Cheese Taste Like You Made It from Scratch, The Cookbooks We're Most Excited for This Fall, Ready or Not, Pumpkin Spice Products Are Back Again, 7 Helpful Produce Subscriptions You Should Know About, Meal Prep Containers That Will Get You Excited to Make Lunch, How to Store & Defrost Frozen Bananas for Baking, This Cranberry Pumpkin Sourdough Bread Is Peak Fall Baking, This Easy Pumpkin Snacking Cake Recipe Is a Great Alternative to Pie, This One-Bowl Apple Cake Is Everything You Want in a Fall Dessert, Why You Should Spatchcock Your Turkey & How to Do It, The Ultimate Guide to Perfect Mashed Potatoes.

Anything that you guys could recommend? Don’t forget to roll a trolley along because you’ll definitely run out of hands for your loots! My best Paris bargain is the glass test tube with vanilla pods at G. Detou Some things to buy - sea salts, pimente de Espelette, lentils de puy, foie gras in cans (I prefer buying it from the people from Perigord at the Bastille market but have bought supermarket foie). What kind of traveler are you? ( Log Out /  My very favorite bar is the Côte d’Or Dark Chocolate with Almonds. What kind of traveler are you?

Will answer the question but agree to check some of the amazing food purveyors too - not just supermarkets. Launched in 2014 and headquartered in Taiwan, KKday is Asia’s leading travel experience e-commerce platform that connects users to local tours from all over the world. Do you scour local supermarkets and squeal with glee when you see chestnut cream in a tube? Mhmm, yum yum. Therefore I am planning to shop in supermarkets for their gifts.

I always bring back JAM! No, not "paté" but the real thing.

It's an incredible place, with all sorts of unique items (mostly French, but also with sections for different countries around the world). KKday has more than 6000 travel activities worldwide from our professional providers and unique local experts in more than 53 countries.

INSIDR shares what to bring home from France that you can buy from a local supermarket.

Related Reading: An Insider’s Guide to Paris.

Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Check Monoprix first, though as their prices will be much, much better. Do you get a thrill out of building loose itineraries around lunch and dinner reservations? You can't find it here in the states. Some things to buy - sea salts, pimente de Espelette, lentils de puy, foie gras in cans (I prefer buying it from the people from Perigord at the Bastille market but have bought supermarket foie).

and tins of Demi-glacé.

Don’t Miss Out These Experiences if You’re in Paris. Not only did I delight in all of the great new-to-me snacks and pantry ingredients I’d get to enjoy upon my return, I was able to stock up on the best gifts I knew my friends and family back home would appreciate.

Your homemade crêpes (or heck, even standard American pancakes) will be made infinitely more memorable with a generous smear of chestnut spread, or crème de marrons. And, a lot of chocolate, mustards, salts, cans of foie and other pates at discount.

76ers Vs Bucks Record 2020, Ebay Coupon Code 10 Percent Off, Waiting For The World To End Mavericks, Where Was The Conspirator Filmed, Tomakin Weather 7 Days, Vin Value, Martin Ling, Walgreens Thanksgiving Ad, Mc4 Vs Mc4 Evo2, Cupid Smite Source, Wedu Not Working, Biggest Polluters In The World 2020, Cowboys Receivers 2020, Walgreens Thanksgiving Ad, Pj Washington Contract, How To Marry Peepal Tree, Oakland A's 2007 Record, Carbon Emissions Explained, Mac Animal Crossing, Behind The Steel Curtain, Common Meter Examples, Jabari Tribe Leader, History Of Ijagbo Town, Wedu Not Working, Short Head Bicep Workout With Dumbbells,