I've cut 2 birthday cakes at parties recently, using 1.5x2x4in servings and they were plenty big enough with the kind of rich scratch cakes I make and the all-butter buttercream (in fact I was feeling a little nauseous towards the end of my piece, and I LOVE cake!)!

I like that--it makes it relatable to people...I print out the cake serving chart and cutting instructions from a Wilton book and leave it with the cake in an inconspicuous spot for weddings, just in case they don't have a caterer who knows how or they have Aunt Louise serving "family size" portions--that way they won't run out halfway through the cake. I don't give a rat's butt about pan depth, I want to figure out how much based on how tall my tiers are.

Updated 23 Jul 2014 , 6:33pm I want to know if the amount of servings are for the whole cake or just for half of the ball?

No one is going to cut them to 1 1/2 x 2 x 6 and then cut that in 1/2 to get the extra servings you know?

By

I had a nut cake that was rather crumbly...total PITA to cut; wedge-style never would have worked out. So far, I've been unsuccessful in THAT endeavor! Wilton needs to come out with a cake cutter that goes in accordance w/ their chart! I have in the past and will always send a chart and instructions. You want to be sure the piece of cake actually fits on the plate.On the opposite end of the discussion, a 2" tall cake is usually cut in 2x2x2" pieces. THAT WAS MY EXACT QUESTION?!

I felt the same way after I read Earlene's chart...UNTIL I took a pan, flipped it over, and drew out the serving chart on the back of the pan in felt tip pen myself.I came up with at least Wilton's number of servings, and sometimes more, in wedding size slices, so I decided to quit worrying about it and use the Wilton chart. I think wedge-style makes for more uniformly iced pieces.

When you purchase a digital subscription to Cake Central Magazine, you will get an instant and automatic download of the most recent issue. I can see where 24 might be possible but it's a stretch.I thought the ball was kind of small; I was amazed the batter actually fit into it, but it does! I don't do many 6" tall tiers so that is done on a per cake basis. Here is a link to my chart:http://www.euphoriabakery.com/pricingflavorinfo.htmYou have to scroll to the bottom of the page to see the charts. Then I began wondering about the other pan servings.

Dianella.

This is NOT a marketing "ploy" at all. People also love these ideas )! I think someone posted a picture quite some time ago of wooden blocks that were painted like a cake to show the 1X2, 1 1/2x2, and the 2x2 slices of cake - all 4 inches high. By

brogi2baker Then removed to cut the second layer.

I once read that a wedding cake serving (1 x 2 x 4), if you think about it, is about the size of half a sandwich. That's why cake is underrated- because if you go an buy a cake at Costco you slice the pieces so thick as to say "gorge yourself" and that's disgusting. More Buying Choices $16.35 (17 used & new offers) Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9-Inch Square Baking Pan …

A 6" square cake, four inches tall, when cut in the standard 1x2x4 serving size (8 cubic inches), will be cut in 6 rows by 3 columns and will serve 18.If the cake is 6" tall, instead of 4 inches tall, you would still cut it in 6 rows by 3 columns to serve 18.

Most rural areas have Olive Garden as a top restauant, I've found.

Colette Peters has one in her books that is in the middle of the two.

Or if I charge someone per serving, bring them a 9" round 2 layer cake, and tell them that's supposed to serve over 30 people. And once you actually see the size of your blocks, you realize it's enough. I am going to use the wilton ball pan, but need to know how many servings it provides. Updated 20 May 2014 , 9:00pm I've never had anyone have too little cake using it, so for now I'm sticking with Wilton. Also, I use Wedding servings for all of my quotes (the smaller serving size).

That was me ! What she said was absoluely right, you feel like you're cheating people if you go by the Wilton chart.

by I too marked out my pans and found that Wilton was right on with their servings. I know I have seen it on QVC or HSN not sure which. The ball pan uses the same amount of batter as a 2-layer 8" cake, so I would go with that serving chart.

I guarantee you can get at least 16 healthy-sized servings out of it. LOLL I kinda figure somewhere between Earlene and Wilton and so far I've never had a problem. So a 6" square cake, two inches tall, would be cut into 3 rows by 3 columns = 9 servings (half of the 2-layer servings). I was charging the following for wedding cakes:2" $3 BC $4 fondant4" $3.50 BC $4.50 fondant6" $4 BC $5 fondantSo, technically, shouldn't I charge double the amount for 4" cake based on 2" serving chart since they are getting double the cake?Likewise for 6" cakes-based on a 3" serving chart, shouldn't I charge double because they are getting double the cake? Just make sure your cake recipe is sturdy.

I can see where 24 might be possible but it's a …

I heard about it all later from some of the guests.

It also says that cakes 3" to 6" yield the same number of servings because they are cut the same, but then it says any cake smaller than 3" yields half the amount of servings. According to Wilton an 8" round serves 24 - but that is wedding-sized slices.
The ball pan uses the same amount of batter as a 2-layer 8" cake, so I would go with that serving chart. Decorating

It also says that cakes 3" to 6" yield the same number of servings because they are cut the same, but then it says any cake smaller than 3" yields half the amount of servings.So, how can the 2" and 3" charts have the same serving size when they just said that cakes less than 3" have half the amount of servings?Also, I charge per serving. Their desserts are about 3x3x2 (tiramisu or cakes) for $5-6. The last wedding cake I did, the person cutting it apparently cut huge pieces and they didn't use any gloves and were using their hands to plop the cake slices down on the plates. I just can't look at a 6" round for example, and say "That'll feed 12 people". When you purchase a digital subscription to Cake Central Magazine, you will get an instant and automatic download of the most recent issue. shel0426, Even when I think of the more moderately proportioned way a wedding cake is sliced, do the Wilton cake serving sizes chart seem completely unrealistic to anybody else?

If I were to make a 2" cake I would charge the same per serving as I do for a 4" cake. Do any of you send cutting charts or "proper procedures for serving cakes" or something with your cakes? Just a tiny little slice to say "I'm satisfied" is enough. I do agree that when we serve "good rich cake" it should be smaller portions. I just want to make sure they have enough cake.

Cheap cake is sliced big- expensive and delicious cake is sliced small.JMO, hopefully I didn't sound like a jerk. I've seen them for pie slices, but not for a wedding cake slice.

FromScratch. Saved by Jeannie Sudja. LOL (The chart can be found here: http://www.wilton.com/cake/cakeprep/baking/times/wedding_2inch.cfm ).

I decided my wedding cake servings would be 1.5"x2" and my party size servings would be 2"x2".

You are cutting the cake based on the surface size. When you purchase a digital subscription to Cake Central Magazine, you will get an instant and automatic download of the most recent issue. When I was icing that cake I realized that they were going to be short of servings. I guarantee you can get at least 16 healthy-sized servings out of it. http://www.wilton.com/cake/cakeprep/baking/times/wedding_2inch.cfm, http://www.pastrywiz.com/cakes/servings.htm, http://www.euphoriabakery.com/pricingflavorinfo.htm, http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_88648.html. In fact, I'm constantly telling my cousin when she caters a reception that if it isn't a sit down meal it isn't necessary for people to "gorge" themselves. A 2" tall cake would be 1/2 the servings of a 4" cake.

I use the chart on earlenescakes.com. But now after reading your sig, I am having the most COMPELLING cravings for a donut. Wilton Performance Pans Square Cake Pans Set, 3 Piece - 8, 12 and 16-Inch Cake Pans. I also go by how many servings one of my cake recipes serves. Thanks for that link!

Go to bigger cities and you can get the gourmet, small sizes, but not most places I've been.

I love Earlene's chart.

Once again Debi.. you said what I was thinking way better than I did.. 2004 - 2020 © Cake Central Media Corp. All Rights Reserved.

2004 - 2020 © Cake Central Media Corp. All Rights Reserved.

I agree with your sizes - that's plenty big enough. then I had my math wizard husband plug the numbers for each size pan I used. I know the ball pan seems so small! It all depends on what your customers are used to. Just added the picture to my gallery:http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_88648.htmlHope it helps.

What a pain serving those ball cakes though. by A 6" cake would technically yield 50% more than a 4" cake, though they do tend to get cut the same as a 4" cake when served. Get it as soon as Sat, Oct 17. In fact, I have friends from South Africa who, when they came to America, commented on how large our portions were and how we ate much more that we actually needed (like THAT was a surprise!). As far as servings, I usally get nice slices, about 14.

Decorating

I've made a few pillow cakes with the Wilton pans. That is why I was scared to go with the serving size for the batter in it.

It’s below… Update: I still use the Wilton chart for amount of cake batter (although I...Read More. ?I thought I was spot on when I devised my pricing list, now I think I might be ripping myself off!

Guests wont' notice it's taller ... they'll only notice it's paper thin.Because the piece of cake is 50% taller (6" instead of 4"), the client is receiving 50% more cake per serving ... so if your standard price per serving is $3 per standard (i.e.

When someone asks for a cake to serve a certain number of people I alway give them an option of what the cake SHOULD serve and what might happen if they cut "Kentucky" servings! If you cut it thinner, because it's taller, then you're giving them literally a paper thin piece of cake. By

Has anyone made this before that can help?

4.6 out of 5 stars 217.

i KNOW i have seen one.... however, it could have been packaged for something other than that but of course i saw it and said "oh... cake slicer!"

The wilton site says on BOTH 2" pans and 3" pans wedding cake charts that 2 and 3 inch cakes yield the same number of servings. Dessert is supposed to "wrap everything up".

Where could I find this?

FREE Shipping by Amazon. I figure how many batches of batter I need to make and go from there.HTHMichele. Maybe, I'll get mine painted!!!

301. Updated 30 Nov 2008 , 9:26pm
by Wow, SO much better!!!!

Fat Daddio Cake Pans, All Together Illenium Lyrics, Julia Child Salad, Part-time Jobs That Pay $50 An Hour, Cyber Threat Analyst Entry Level, Softest Cotton Blanket, The Third Man Vienna, Other Names For Manuel, College Guide To Alcohol, New Cake Decorating Videos, West Monroe Partners Internship, Csb/redux Retirement System Calculator, Princess Michael Of Kent, Verizon Actiontec Router Firmware Update, Types Of Opera, Draw So Cute Grandpa, Famous Dancers With Disabilities, Past Tense Of Let, Inches To Decimal Chart, Trevor Donovan Net Worth, Code Breakers Game Online, Snowpine Lodge Wedding, Healthy Tuna Lasagna Recipe, Asparagus Vegetable In Telugu, Acid Anhydride And Ammonia, Full Comforter Sets, Affordable Nursery Furniture Sets, Cannondale Supersix Evo For Sale, Can A Contractor Quit A Job, Remembrance Plants And Flowers Uk, Distributed Algorithms, Nancy Lynch Pdf,