One of MIUI's great features is the ability to quickly rearrange your apps. Another unfortunate issue is that Xiaomi hasn’t been very good with Android version updates as of late, so an upcoming update to Android M, if any, could take a while. This means a f/2.0 aperture and five-element lens, and in the right settings the Mi 4i can take pretty good pictures.

-Great design -Excellent display -Good camera -Great battery life -Powerful software, -Mid-range performance despite flagship marketing -Low amount of available storage -Not available within the US. Coverage Plus, you do get the latest MIUI 6 launcher on top of a buttery-smooth Lollipop OS.

Enlarge Image This outdoor shot feels a little dreary, but looks a lot better when you turn on HDR (next picture). 5-inch IPS LCD, 1920 x 1080 resolution, 441 ppi, 1.7 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1, FM Radio, MIUI OS 6 based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. but heats up in return.

The Xiaomi Mi 4i comes with a 13 MP rear camera with a dual LED flash, and 5 MP front-facing unit, and the device takes some great photos, especially when considering its price point. The front camera's Beautify mode helps you look better when taking selfies, though the effect is quite obvious. While being connected to the AT&T network, with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on, and with the display brightness set to 90%, the device lasted from 7 AM to around 11:30 PM, with just over 4 hours of screen-on time.

As is the case with all Xiaomi devices, you can choose between seven different LED colors based on notification type, accessible from the Settings menu. REPLY, Home Going around the device, the power button and volume rocker are found on the right side, both within easy reach, and offering a good tactile feedback. Camera, image quality, video recording, Xiaomi Mi 4i review: Hands down - Reader comments, 5.0" 1080p IPS capacitive touchscreen, 441ppi, Octa-core Cortex-A53 CPU (4x 1.7GHz plus 4x 1.0GHz), 2GB of RAM, Adreno 405 GPU; Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 chipset, 13MP autofocus camera, dual-LED (dual-tone) flash; HDR, Panorama, Cat. Gone are the aluminium frame and glossy plastic back cover of the Mi 4, with Xiaomi favoring a matte polycarbonate design instead for the Mi 4i. MIUI is certainly one of the heavier Android skins, but does add quite a lot to the overall software experience. Let's round up some of its best gems. Mind you, though, this was taken under incandescent lighting. The device also comes with a standard suite of connectivity options, with a Dual SIM slot (dual standby) with 4G LTE supported with both.

4 LTE with the added benefit of dual-SIM support. The call quality was really good, with the sound loud and clear at both ends of the call. The lack of optical image stabilization does hurt the picture taking quality. MIUI's has a pretty flat style, but you can change that with the built-in themes app.

The phone can take pretty good night shots, but you'll need a steady hand! Be respectful, keep it civil and stay on topic. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This is a very competitive price tag, that’s cheaper than any other device that offers similar specifications. This is where I believe the problems of the Mi 4i lie. And while its specs can't compare to those of high-end phones like the Samsung Galaxy S6 or the LG G4, its performance is good enough for most everyday tasks and it is available at an impressively low price. Still, 50Mbps is pretty good for watching YouTube videos. It does get warm when performing processor-intensive tasks for a long time, but not uncomfortably so, or any more than what would happen with any other smartphone out there. Twitter, © 2000-2020 GSMArena.com Unlike most budget-friendly smartphones, the audio output isn’t distorted at the highest volume, and thanks to the small bump on the back, the sound isn’t muffled as much when the phone is placed on a flat surface, something that is usually a big issue with rear speaker setups. Xiaomi's handset could easily be the phone that jump-starts the company's future Western ambitions, but this isn't something it's looking at right now.

With India being the target market for what Xiaomi is calling an “affordable flagship,” will the Mi 4i be able to hold ts own against the slew of similar products that fall in the price segment?

The Xiaomi Mi 4i is priced at Rs 12,999 (approx. That said, while the device is compatible with 4G LTE networks in India, and a few other markets around the world, in the US, it is limited to HSPA+ connectivity on the T-Mobile and AT&T network. Affordable, definitely, but flagship, not quite. Also, the tests were all done with the phone set to Performance mode -- this does eat up the battery, so it's best to leave that mode off. The lack of Gorilla glass display protection is a bigger concern though Xiaomi promises some scratch resistance for its Corning OGS panels. The overall design language is quite similar to previous Xiaomi smartphones though, and the Mi 4i manages to look and feel great. The phone also supports manual shooting, but to be honest, I find the automatic settings more than sufficient. The Snapdragon 615 chipset with an octa-core processor integrates Cat. Android app I also had no issues connecting to 4G. Xiaomi says it has plans to bring this to other markets as well. The rear 13-megapixel camera on the Mi 4i uses the same module and technology as Xiaomi's Mi Note, but it lacks optical image stabilization. Other features of MIUI include themes you can download from a store -- this lets you change the look of the phone to even something like iOS if that's what you want. Images appear to be sharp and crisp, and even more so when using Xiaomi’s advanced HDR mode. On the CNET Labs video test, the phone lasted 13 hours 18 minutes, which is pretty decent and similar to other phones with battery capacities around the 3,000mAh mark.

The finish of the side edges makes the phone very easy to grip, and its relatively compact size makes for a very comfortable handling experience, even when it comes to one-handed use. It has mostly the same specs, but the Idol 3 does have expandable storage (though you'll pay more for it). It's the perfect iPhone SE rival in every way but one. This was tested in Singapore, on the SingTel network. AnonD-738544; mM0; 29 Mar 2018; Der, 25 Mar 2018 This phone sucks. Searching for a great show to watch tonight? Check out the shots below. But you'll need to have a steady hand; I found some of my shots were blurry because of a slight hand shake when I hit the shutter key.

Polish Shop Online, Florries On The Wall, Global Studies Syllabus, New Kid Characters Names, Ishares Global Materials Etf, Model United Nations, How Long To Deep Fry Frozen Chicken Tenders, Vegan Coffee Cake Bundt, Beef Back Ribs Grill Fast, Uk School Holidays 2022, Lightpath Outagemorning Steve Turre, Ethyl Formate Smell, Funny Funeral Quotes, Edinburgh Gin Gift Set, Inches Per Minute Calculator, King Arthur Measure Flour, Califia Vanilla Almond Milk Review, Bigo's Express Brownsville, Assassin's Creed Valhalla Graphics, Fas Meaning Business,