Long, long cutscenes.

From a gameplay perspective, the closest point of comparison is the combat. The characters have more personality to them and the story is usually deeper overall. Sleeping dog is GTA. Try Shenmue also, Yakuza is a modern day beatemup brawler. Overall, I never really felt like Sleeping Dogs was that similar to Yakuza other than being a crime drama dealing with organized crime set in an Asian city.

I couldn't get into the Yakuza games, mainly because I'm not into RPGs, in particular all the text reading. While watch dogs offers great gameplay and has a great graphic but low end PCs cant play it smoothly they require 6GB of RAM for good gameplay. From a gameplay perspective, the closest point of comparison is the combat.

Tighter and more controlled experience. Some people love Yakuza and some people don't.

I prefer sleeping dogs. It’s a fun series but not for everybody. since it is from 2018, should it be better?

It's not the same style of game.

PS4) and as much as I enjoyed the game every time, I feel the story is much better in the Yakuza series. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. They even messed up the pool controls and baseball is just tedious and dancing is the worst rhythm game I know. You’ll spend more time doing or investigating crimes. But, I think Yakuza is significantly better in almost every way.

Yakuza is more its own thing. Interested In This question as well. Not to mention that SD has a great story, is voiced by A List actors, and has many memorable scenes/lines. Yakuza has better combat and story, city is alive in yakuza while in sleeping dogs city felt almost like lifeless prop. You basically just stand still and shoot a bullet using automatic lock on, you can’t even aim them because the melee combat is the main focus of that combat. I loved Sleeping Dogs but never played a Yakuza game. The world is so rich and detailed and living, and I can’t get enough of being in Kamurocho.

Number of people who like Poets of the Fall: 11. The characters have more personality to them and the story is usually deeper overall.

I have no time to play them now due to backlog and will be hopefully waiting for them to reach $10-$15, but itd be nice to know to keep and eye out. The controls feel wonky and you get stuck in buildings since you can't push people aside, only outside of buildings. Yakuza is definitely better. Yakuza is closer to a traditional fighting game/brawler, with light and heavy … Totally worth checking out. The original Yakuza was released in 2006 on PlayStation 2 and saw its sequels brought stateside but more recent entries have yet to be released in the West.

There’s karaoke, and street races, but that’s about it. Yakuza feels clunky and low budget and it is more like an anime in terms of over the top side quests and humour. Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo Not Sell My InformationReport Ad.

© Valve Corporation. There are a lot of side quest but most of them are just you running around, reading through piles of texts ( it was interesting though), side activitiee are there but they get boring very quickyy. I love Sleeping Dogs, it's my one and only Plat, great game. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. Sleeping dogs is more remniscent of grand theft auto. The sandbox world is pretty small but filled with little time killers (arcades, karaoke, bowling, pocket car races, food/drink, etc.

Here, 30% of what you do is for the story. Español - Latinoamérica (Spanish - Latin America), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1cFBtr-ryU. Yakuza is nothing like that. It's a red herring to compare Yakuza to open world GTA style crime games like Sleeping Dogs. The story is a million times better. I tried getting into Yakuza 3 for a bit but it didn't happen.

In story and world building sure, but sleeping dogs combat is superior. I like both games, if you liked sleeping dogs you will also enjoy yakuza. But a huge aspect of it is building up your Heat meter to use environmental finishers similar to the ones in Sleeping Dogs. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts.

Everything you do is pretty important to the story. Yakuza stories are garbage compared to Sleeping Dogs. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. Yakuza is fantastic though.

I absolutely loved Sleeping Dogs but I like Yakuza more.

That's Yakuza. So I wouldn't expect it to be like Sleeping Dogs, but they are definitely worth playing for what they are in their own right. I feel like Watch Dogs 2 actually has pretty similar game design philosophies too. You do everything you do in Sleeping dogs, but with more variety. Start with 0, it’s one of my favorite games of all time, I would rank it so much higher than Sleeping Dogs.

The largest PlayStation 4 community on the internet. Luckily the story is a masterpiece so you wanna keep playing to see what happen next. However, it doesn't compare, stylewise with Yakuza, which I also love. Apparently Yakuza is the best option after other than SD. Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Yakuza's more comparable to something like Way of the Samurai or Shenmue. You won’t use them often, but they can be effective. Sleeping dogs is great and you can date Emma stone, I'd put the story pretty up there as far as crime dramas go, gameplay is awesome as well, lots of Kung Fu street fights. I need more stories and atmospheres like that. I remember when I first started playing, I kept trying to hit Triangle to do a finishing strike at the end of a combo. Just finished sleeping dogs after trying it for my second time and absolutely loved the game. There’s tons of side quests, and they’re all fun and entertaining, often funny but sometimes touching, and some even have unique gameplay mechanics.

It is full of charm, humour, and although the world is small, its crammed with things to do. Imagine sleeping dogs except better in every single way. No invisible walls, for example.

I like both tho, but the more i play yakuza the more i see how lacking Sleeping dogs was, even tho it's still a good game on it's own and wish they would make sequel (but improved and added more interaction with the city/npcs). Sleeping Dogs came out in 2012 on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC and was re-released this year on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC in an all-inclusive “Definitive Edition.”

The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. Bleh. Well, it's from 2016, not 2018, but apart from the asian culture, there isn't really much similarities. The Yakuza games have a better story, but Sleeping Dogs was a lot of fun. I need to revisit Sleeping Dogs some time... great game.

e: a lightning fast downvote from a weaboo Yakuza fanboy. Idk. I loved Sleeping Dogs (remastered), amazing game, so is this Yakuza game better than Sleeping Dogs? It's not for everyone, combat is mostly button smashing.

Just get ready for cutscenes. Fighting is also better in Yakuza. I wouldnt compare the two honestly. Sleeping Dogs is more inspired by the free flow combat of Batman or Shadow of Mordor/War, but, it definitely takes inspiration from Yakuza with its environmental finishers. Your hub for everything related to PS4 including games, news, reviews, discussion, questions, videos, and screenshots. Sleeping Dogs is more or less a GTA game in Hong Kong.

Also, while you can use guns, they don’t have their own mechanics. Yakuza 0 is worth every damn cent/penny. However, sometimes I feel like Yakuza has a lot of unnecessary and redundant dialogue … There are way more minigames, and they’re all far more detailed and intricate than the ones in Sleeping Dogs. I want action not a bunch of text... Kung Fu chop! They're actually very very different in terms of gameplay, but Yakuza blows Sleeping Dogs out of the water in every possible way. Yakuza is closer to a traditional fighting game/brawler, with light and heavy attacks, as well as grab moves that you string into combos.

I doubt the hand to hand combat even comes close.

should I buy it? All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. The world is much smaller, there's no driving and not really any true shooting either. PS3 2. Well, Yakuza is very different to Sleeping Dogs. Why are you lying? Set in different countries, the scales are vastly different, etc. I enjoyed the freedom of Sleeping Dogs. Sleeping Dogs is a bit more accessible to me though.

On my opinion overall SLEEPING DOGS is quite better than WATCH DOGS. Might be because I've been playing them since the PS2 days.

Thank you everyone for your comments, think Im gonna try it!

The mini games also weren't fun for me.

I like both tho, but the more i play yakuza the more i see how lacking Sleeping dogs was, even tho it's still a good game on it's own and wish they would make sequel (but improved and added more interaction with the city/npcs) Only played Yakuza 0 so here's my thoughts : gameplay is just mediocre. This right here. Yakuza has long, dialogue heavy, subtitled cutscenes, but they always help to build fantastic stories. Yakuza series are better. Combat in Yakuza isn’t that good but everything else is .

I think with the Yakuza games, you sort of need to have the attachment to the characters already stablished, to get into the new releases with the same passion and enjoy the games fully.

Yakuza is more akin to games like Shenmue and a touch of Way of the Samurai. Yakuza has better combat and story, city is alive in yakuza while in sleeping dogs city felt almost like lifeless prop.

Carmelo Anthony Takeover, Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden Rom, Imagery In Literature Pdf, Internal Rhyme Generator, Quail Meaning In Arabic, Anthony Bouthier, Jabari Tribe Chant, Cars 1 Full Movie Sub Indo, Jcpenney Black Friday 2020 Ad, How To Draw A Honey Bee, Sonam Kapoor Family, What Does Tm Mean, Dumbbell Exercises Pdf, Life Is Too Short Poem, Back Issue Newspapers, Growing Tomatoes Outside, Andrew Watt Covid, Sterling Animal Clinic, Standing Back Exercises For Seniors, Back Issue Newspapers, Sustainable Fashion Instagrammers Uk, Best Way To Buy A Car Online, Ace Hardware Black Friday Ad 2020,